Wattpad Original
There are 44 more free parts

Possession

noun ~ the state of having, owning or controlling something

PHOENIX

Annoyance shook my bones. It gripped on tightly, rattling them until my teeth ached with anger. I growled, clenching my hand at my side to avoid throwing this fucking phone out the window.

"...and I just don't think that you deserve to harbour all that power." The alpha on the phone grumbled. "Perhaps you should send her to me, and we can share."

"Harbour? What do you think I am doing? Draining my mate every day and drinking her blood?" I snapped, losing composure.

"Alpha-

"No!" I snarled. "You have no right accusing me and my pack of these things. My mate is not an asset, neither is her brother, nor my children. So, get that out of your fucking brain before you start a war."

"Are you threatening me, Alpha?"

"It seems you threaten me, Alpha." I mocked. "This is my moon-blessed mate, my luna, you dare to talk about."

"How do I know she is your moon-given? You could've stolen her." He scoffed a laugh.

My teeth chattered as a crack sounded through the room. I grunted, releasing the phone when the glass splintered in my palm.

"Fucking shit!" I snapped, throwing the phone.

A gentle knock on the door had my head snapped to the side, a grumble building in my chest. I inhaled sharply, and the smooth, sweet scent of Nova flooded my lungs.

"Phoenix?" She mumbled.

I cursed softly, staring at the destruction of my office. I had worked in the pack house today, handling the important phone calls away from home. It felt like a bad omen holding them at home, not wanting to paint the walls with my anger.

"Yes?" I muttered.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

She hesitated, and the bond tightened when she tried to enter my mind. "Then why are you hiding?"

"I am not hiding." I grunted.

A soft giggle drifted through the wood, and my chest lightened immediately.

"Then why am I still on this side of the door?" She wondered.

Goddess, I could just picture her little face. She would've cocked her head, a gentle pout on her lips as she crossed her arms. Her big green eyes would be wide, trying to get me to fall into her trap.

But, I was smart. The door was there to stop her from casting me under her spell.

She knew how to play with me now. She knew all the tricks.

"That is because I am coming to you."

"Oh, you are?" She hummed.

"Yes." I tutted, glancing around my office once more.

Charlie... I called.

My beta grunted. 'What?'

I scowled. Don't be so rude.

'Geez, you interrupted me!' He huffed. 'What do you want? Better?'

Not really. I rolled my eyes. Could you discreetly ask Lucy to clean my office?

'What did you do?' He teased.

I had problems with Alpha Aaron, that's what. I snapped before adding an extra please.