Wattpad Original
There are 65 more free parts

Envy

noun ~ feeling discontented or resentful longing awakened by else's possessions, qualities, or luck

POLLUX

I came back to the café the next day, pleasantly surprised to find Clover working again. They blushed when I approached and ordered another coffee. I couldn't help be glad that they were here, unable to stop myself wanting to come all day.

"Day two, and it's coffee at five o'clock again." Clover smiled as they approached my table.

I laughed softly, brushing my hair behind my ear. It had grown long since I left home, curling around the nape of my neck. I kept cutting it, keeping it maintained and knew I had to do it again soon.

"What can I say? This is good coffee." I smiled.

"I added a secret ingredient." Their lips quirked with amusement.

"Oh yeah? What was the secret ingredient?" I mused. "Did you lace me with poison?"

Clover giggled softly and my chest seemed to warm at the sound. The human was doing something to me, and I was curious about the cause of it. Why were they so... interesting? I was supposed to leave in three days now, and yet I wanted to come back to this café every day just to see them smile.

"Not poison, just a little sweetener." They chuckled.

Humming, I took a deep sip of the coffee. I tasted the sweetness on my lips and licked away the foam that built on my skin.

"Nothing is as sweet as you, I suppose." I flirted.

Clover blushed, dropping their gaze. "Anything else I can get you?"

"Five minutes of your time." I cocked my head.

Clover intrigued me. Today, they wore baggy blue jeans with a striped purple and orange jumper. The same black boots adorned their feet just as the same large, round glasses slipped down their nose.

"I have to work..." They smiled nervously. "I'm sorry, Pollux."

I shrugged. "It's okay. Another time, maybe."

Clover nodded, that same blush erupting on their cheeks before they turned away. I watched them disappear behind the counter. Sighing, I kicked my feet out and stared out at the bay.

Maybe one day...

One day I could sate this desire in my chest to run. The desire to keep searching. It burned within me, begging for attention. When I looked at this human, it only grew, so I knew that tomorrow I would be back. Tomorrow I would see for myself what this feeling in my soul was.

Present Time

"You have nothing to worry about." I murmured.

"I'm not worried." Charlie scoffed, eyes flickering to the other sofa. "I'm fine."

I scowled at him, but he brushed me off, leaning into the corner of Phoenix's sofa. If he pushed himself any further, I feared the fabric would swallow him whole. It didn't take long for his impatience to waver, and he helped himself to a packet of biscuits and a cup of tea. The others across from me watched him curiously, Calida peering at him over her mug.

Just then, footsteps came from above, and my head titled back to observe the pattern. Phoenix's were soft yet wider placed, whereas my sister's steps tended to be heavier and hurried. She had been less-hurried lately, too tired to run around. If the house caught fire, I knew she wouldn't even run.

I worried about her health, but Kate assured me it was normal in the beginning after going through something so life-changing. Two babies especially, my sister wasn't getting any sleep soon.