so we meet again

-time skip-

After a while of considering it, I had decided to leave. Live the life Kuina and I have always dreamed about. My father was very supportive.

Eventually. I left. Just about half a year after Zoro did. During all those years, I've learned so much and met so many nice people.
Funny enough, just today I walked past a wanted poster with Zoro's name on it. The moss-green hair hinted at the poster in the corner of my eye. As I said, I'd recognize his hair in an instant.
However, I'm not surprised he's on a wanted poster. Just a matter of time until he'd get himself in trouble.

I walked inside the nearest bar to grab lunch. I sat down in a corner furthest from the exit, a little in the dark. Staying unnoticed is still one of my favorite things to do. Now, I can observe all I want and most people won't even notice I exist.

Two boys walk inside the bar. Ah, my first victims, if you could call them that. When I'm bored, I like to try and read people.
Clearly the first guy is the more extroverted. He heads straight for a free table nearest to the counter. Definitely took some time to convince the second guy to come in. Both are about my age. The first guy looks like he just got back from a vacation with his straw hat. Clearly not back from a vacation though. The second guy doesn't really seem to trust him yet. They must've just met. First date? No, that would make no sense, the first guy is not paying enough attention to him while the second guy is way too nervous. They don't seem interested enough. Otherwise, I can tell this date is a waste of time. "LUFFY" "Oh come on Koby!" Okay, their names are Luffy and Koby. Interesting. With the other customers talking it's harder to understand what they're saying. But now it all makes sense. Why Koby is so nervous? They're planning on breaking into the marine base. Luffy is definitely reckless. Speaking so openly about it. And they can't whisper for shit.

I can feel another girl watching them. She sits in the other quiet corner. She seems likeminded. Interested in their conversation. There are marines on the other side of the bar. They didn't hear anything about the raid of their base. The orange-haired girl makes her way over there. Just at that moment, I get this weird feeling. I feel almost nauseous. Out of a sudden, someone with a bloody sack bulges in.
"A beer for me and my friend here."
What a coincidence. It's none other than Roronoa Zoro. I don't even have to look at his face. It's the posture, the walk, and most obviously his hair and the three swords. I sensed him... but now my thoughts get clouded. What am I supposed to do?

I want to talk to him. I really missed him. A lot. Maybe even more than my dad. Maybe as much as my sister. Although that might be a bit of a stretch. But what would I say? I haven't seen him in years, much less spokes to him in that time. Would he be mad I didn't take him with me? That I've left him? I mean I barely left him, I guess he could've come? But I also didn't ask him exactly so maybe he is mad at me? How would I know? How has he been though? Wait, would he even remember who I am? Oh, and what's up with the head in the bag he just so carefree put on the stool next to him? Is no one else concerned? Now it's kind of late to appear out of nowhere and start a conversation...
My thoughts became so occupied; that I almost missed the scene unfolding in front of everyone. Zoro made the Marines mad. Why? How? Oh, now he's eating rice balls from the ground? That's disgusting. There are even some brown dirty spots on them. But he seems to be doing it for the girl that's clearly very scared of that blonde guy. Oh, I see. I respect that. That's actually very nice of him.

Ugh, that blonde guy seems like an asshole. The grip around my swords tightens. I considered all the possibilities and decided it's best to not get involved until it's absolutely necessary.
It didn't even take too long until Zoro dealt with it himself and showed those asshole marines his way.

That blonde guy wanted to report the little girl. She's just a kid! And didn't even do anything wrong!
Wait, that's so nice of him. He lets himself get taken by the Marines so the girl doesn't get any harm. Huh, he grew up to be nice? I'm actually so surprised. I expected him to turn into a little bit of an asshole. Although I think he tries to seem like an unapproachable douchebag.

Speaking of marines, what's up with the ones the girl was speaking to? Only one of the two left? Oh no the other one walks out of the restroom wearing his.... Underwear? Oh yeah, she stole his uniform. Then she must be planning to raid the base herself without the help of the other two. Speaking of which, they're still flabbergasted by Zoro's fighting skills.

"Hi, so sorry to interrupt. Also, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard you'd like Zoro to join your crew. I'd like to speak to him too." The two looked at me. Luffy looked happy but a little confused at the name Zoro, Koby was anxious and nervous. "Zoro? The guy that just fought the Marines?" "Oh yeah! He seems great! Do you know where he'll be escorted to?" Luffy exclaimed excitedly. "Well, I have an idea of where he might be."

We stop at the wall, right next to the wanted posters. "There he is, with his bounty," I said, pointing at Zoro's poster. Luffy looked through them like he couldn't wait for all of them to join his crew. "Wait, why am I not on here yet?" "Well, have you made a name for yourself yet?" I asked. I try to keep myself updated with all the wanted posters and never heard his name or seen his face. Luffy thought for a sec. "No. No, he hasn't. He doesn't even have a crew yet." Koby answered for him. "Hey! You're part of my crew Koby, at least if you wanted to." "I told you I have other plans. I think..." I chuckled a little. "You could be part of my crew- uhh" "Kairi. My name's Kairi" I smiled at him. "Nice to meet you, Kairi. What do you bring to the table?" "Huh, never really thought about that. I guess the fact that I am a swordswoman could be of help. I got quite the brains so I can help you plan to raid a Marine base." They look a little shocked. "Oh yeah, you guys aren't very good at whispering. And I'm an observer. So, I know about your little plan." "Well, that's perfect then!" He smiled at me widely. That boy definitely needs someone with a brain to help him sail the waters. "What's in it for me though? What's your plan Luffy?" "I want to sail to the grand line, find the One Piece, and become king of the pirates!" He exclaimed. "That's my dream and I will do anything to make it happen. If you have a dream, you should join me and my to-be crew in order to achieve yours too!" "Convincing" Is all I have to say. He looks expressionless while Koby and I look at him expectantly. "That's a yes," I say. Luffy can't believe it. He's overly excited. I think I just fulfilled his second biggest wish, after the One Piece of course.

I hear Marines walking out the gate. They walkpast us. "Perfect timing. That's the guards that just checked up on Zoro. Weshould have about an hour until they return. He's behind this wall btw. Mostlikely tied up on a pillar in the middle of the yard" Luffy stretches and looksover the wall.
"Oh, he can do that?" I ask Koby. "I can't believe you're this nonchalant aboutit." He answered. Luffy came back down "Yeah, he's right in the middle of thatyard. He looks like he's sleeping?" "Yeah, probably just resting. So uhm,Luffy, how did you stretch like that? Is that caused by a devil fruit?" "Yeahexactly, I ate one when I was little" "Interesting. I heard you lose yourability to swim. Is that right?" "Yup" "But you're a pirate, sailing on thesea?" "You're absolutely right!" "Okay, yeah that's cool. Very logical.Impressive." Impressive that he made it so far. Well, who knows if he hasn'teven set foot on a boat yet. Thank God I can swim very well. Bet I need torescue that guy a couple of times in the future.