Chapter 37: Bush Cooking

Bailey's POV
The last activity. BUSH COOKING. What even is bush cooking? You know what? I'm not going to ask. We went to the fire pit. "Alright everyone take a seat." Mr Gareth said. We sat on the wooden benches. "Now. You all are making lunch for everyone. Because chef Diego has to go back early. You will be making damper rolls. So you will make the damper then people will have toppings in them, but you will be serving the toppings." "One question, how does 8 of us just make make lunches for basically EVERYONE?!" Arthur asked. "Well teamwork? We've already done the easy job, now it's your turn to cook." "Cool what? The bread?" Atlas asked. "Yep." "Mr Gareth, I don't see a stove, how do we cook it?" I asked because that's how you cook bread! Or is that with an oven. Too complicated. "Over the fire, don't need a stove for damper. He handed us all bowls of gooey white stuff. Cake batter? Nope. Damper batter. "All you gotta do is find a stick and put some batter on it then cook it above the fire. Find a stick!" We all went looking for sticks. We all found decent sticks and started putting batter on it and cooking them. "AHHH I BURNT MINE!" Cosmo screeched. "It's alright Cosmo, it'll still taste good but not as golden and fluffy." Mr Gareth said. "Uh okay." It wasn't too burned. Just a quarter. Then Elton burnt his. He burnt half of it. "ITS ON FIRE!" Mike's whole damper was burning. Yikes. We had made quite a few but not enough. "We'll never do them all in time!" Stewart whined. "Alright boys, time to choose your roles for lunch! I'm allocating Zane to manage the roles, because he made the best dampers." "Arthur, you're on the damper. Atlas, you're on the meat. Bailey, you're on the cheese. Cosmo, you're on the tomato and lettuce. Elton, you're on the cucumber and carrot. Mike, you're on the canned toppings, so beetroot and pineapple. Stewart, you're on the sauces and I'll cook more dampers." Zane said.

Atlas's POV
We all started to set up. The meats I had to do was ham, salami and Turkey. "You all done setting up?" "Yep!" Arthur said. "Okay good, because here they come!" Pets kept coming and coming. Then I saw Paisley. She saw me and waved at me. I waved back at her. "If you begin with A please go up and get your lunch!" Aina quickly rushed over. "Oh oh oh! Aina! Here! Have this one! The burnt one by Cosmo." Arthur said. She came up to me. "Ham, Salami or Turkey?" I asked "ham, only beetroot heads eat salami." Random. But okay.. I placed some ham on her damper. She then went to Bailey. "American, Cheddar or Mozzarella?" "American. Again, only beetroot heads eat cheddar." "What is your thing with beetroot heads?" Arthur called to her. She ignored him. "Tomato. Oh and you squishy face, cucumber." "Don't call me squishy face!" Elton was starting to get angry. He was about to give her carrot instead but then he stopped. "Ugh what's the point?!" He gave her cucumber just like she asked for. She skipped Mike right away and went to Stewart for sauces. "Ketchup?" She snatched it from him and drizzled it on the damper roll herself. Rude. Then she threw it back at him and it hit him in the head. "Ow! What's your problem?!!" Arthur gave Amber the Elton burnt one then he gave Glitter the Mike burnt one. "Everyone starting with P go up and get your lunch!" Paisley starts with P! Paisley came up first for the p's. Arthur gave her a little burnt bread. She came for the meat. "Hey paisley! Ham, Salami or Turkey? Hang on a second, why don't you have a golden and fluffy damper roll?" I stretched over to get a better roll from Arthur. '"Arthur I thought you were handling the bread?" "I just got whatever was on top." I then put Turkey on the new roll and gave it to her. "How'd you know I wanted turkey?" "Oh sorry! I didn't even ask, are you good with Turkey?" "Don't worry I'm fine with it! Hey, what would you recommend in your roll?" "Turkey, Mozzarella, Lettuce, Carrot, Beetroot and Mustard. May sound weird but it's really good. That's what I got!" "Thanks Atlas!" She said.