Chapter 24: Zane's Outing

Zane's POV
This was it. I had to stop leading Nala on. I had to get snacks. And by that, I'd have to escape. In the night. I got Elton to agree on coming with me to escape, although he was reluctant as he thought if we got caught it would damage his reputation with the teachers. I barely even know the teachers, so I wasn't overly worried. It was finally midnight. I was staying awake with my eyes wide open the whole night. I also freaked Mike out a bit. But that was besides the point. Midnight. I sensed it. I immediately sat up. I called out to Elton. "Elton it's midnight now!" "Zane what's wrong with you? You just woke us all up!" Mike said. "Oops my bad." I said. Mike just seemed like a grumpy cat. I've heard he's done mean things in the past. Elton groaned and got down from his bunk. "Wait you guys aren't actually going to escape camp grounds to go to a shop?" Stewart said. "Welp, we are." "I thought you were joking. Oh well have fun, don't get caught!" "We won't!" I finally said. Elton and I walked out the door. "Will we get caught?" "Probably." I replied to him. We started to walked down the cabins. "Zane! Crawl!" Elton said. I started to crawl. Then we heard people talking. Huh? Who's awake? "Did you hear that?" "Yeah." "Which cabin is it from do you think." "That one." Elton pointed to cabin c. The girls cabin. When we got there, it was them alright. They were having midnight feast it looked like. We went back to what we were doing. Lucky for us, the gate wasn't far from the cabins. We quickly walked over. It was creepy at night. "Elton, I'm a bit scared." I said. "It's not scary, plus this was your idea and we'll be out of this place soon." Someone had a lot of sympathy for me, not. I jumped over the gate. "Elton, come on!" "How did you just jump over?" "It's easy just jump." "Here goes nothing!" Elton did a run up and jumped over the gate. We were now on the footpath. There wasn't much cars. Elton jumped on me. The road seemed to be clear so I ran across. Then there was the shop. "How do you suppose we break in?" Elton asked. "Dunno, do you have anything spicy?" "Why would I have anything spicy?" I quickly wondered if I still had that spicy Mexican candy, but I think I ate it all on the bus. Then I had an idea. Crazy Mode Activated. I walked back. I shook my fur a bit and let it ripple. I ran to the door at high speed. I suddenly burst it open. It wasn't locked. "Did that hurt at all?" "Nope."

Elton's POV
Okay I can officially say this without being judged, Zane is crazy. We walked in. "Hey how about we get that Mac n cheese!" Zane said. "No that's for the microwave." "Oh. Then what should I get?" I looked at everything there was. "Get the Funyuns, the barbecue lays and the Doritos." "Just salty food?" "What? It's a lot!" "Okay then." Zane got the 3 mini bags then he got a whole bag of extra hot cheetos. "Woah there, why the cheetos?" "For us!" "Yeah okay..."