Chapter 9: Canoeing and Kayaking

Bailey's POV
Miss Luna had made an announcement, so we went outside. We looked at the board and my cabin was doing canoeing?! Canoeing? What if we fell in the water, I mean it shouldn't be too bad because I'm good at swimming. But you never know I guess. Mr Garreth leads our cabin in the activities if you didn't know already. I've always wondered how you become a teacher at pet school. Did you have to be a friend? Like how does it work? I had to ask him. "Mr Garreth?" "Yes?" "How did you become a teacher at this school?" "Well, I was actually friends with Vice Principal Frankie and I volunteered to become a teacher. And he offered me Swimming or Math and I chose swimming. But the other teachers got in different ways." "Okay." "Why?" "Oh was just curious." "By the way, after camp is the swimming leagues, okay?" "Yes Mr Garreth." Once my whole cabin had arrived, Mr Garreth started explaining. "Okay everyone, so there will be 2 teams. The school captain, cabin captain, Bailey, will lead one team and the other team just figures it out. Bailey, would you like the choose 3 people to be on your team?" "Sure." I said. Yes! I got to choose. "I choose Atlas." Atlas walked over to me. "I choose Elton." Elton walked over to me. I could only choose one more person. Stewart, Zane and Arthur was left. How could I choose between them? Well I'm thinking either Zane or Stewart mainly. "Oh this is tough, Mr Garreth can you choose someone?" "Sure, Stewart, you're with Bailey." Stewart walked over to me. Atlas was the only dog on my time. Mike, Cosmo, Arthur and Zane were the other team. I didn't really want to verse Zane. We positioned ourselves on the canoes. The aim was to get to the end and back first one wins. "On your marks, get set, go!" We started canoeing! It was close at the start but then my team took the lead. Mike's team kept catching up every once in a while, it's because they had that energy machine, Zane. We reached the back at the same time and we're speeding away. I don't think there was a prize but who cares! Winning is the prize! It was getting close. I was sweating, but I was going to make it! We went a little faster and we won! We got out and cheered for ourselves. The other team was upset. "So Mike, are you still interested in joining my friends and I?" "No thanks." "How about you Bailey?" "I'm good!" Cosmo was trying really hard. "Okay guys considering we have some time left, we can do some kayaking." Mr Garreth had the kayaks out and he gave us each one and we got on the lake. The lake was very blue for some reason? "Why is the lake blue?" I asked. "They probably put blue dye in it." Mike said. I got on my kayak out and I was just going around slowly. Then I started to go fast and then I fell into the water. "Bailey you alright?" Stewart asked. Everyone started laughing. Zane got off his kayak and swam to me super speedy and took me back to shore. I was so wet. "Wow, what's your name there, dog?" "Zane. I just joined." "Hm Zane, what do you say about going to the swimming leagues after camp?" "Sure! Will my friends come?" "Well Bailey's definitely going. Although we have to have 4 people to swim for us." Yes! Zane and I were going to the swimming leagues together.

Hi guys! Sometimes you ask me how to pronounce the names of pets well here you go:
Bailey. "BAY-LEE"
Coco. "COH-COH
Cindy. (SIN-DEE)
Elton (EL-TIN)
Atlas (AT-LIS)
Stewart (STOO-WERT)
Zane (ZAY-N)
Akira (AH-KEE-RAH)
Paisley. (PAYS-LEE)
Artemis (AH-TER-MISS)
Mishka (MIH-SH-KAH)
Arthur (AH-FUR) / (AH-FUH
Aina (EYE-NAH)
Glitter (GLIH-TER) / GLIH-TUH
Amber (AM-BER) / (AM-BUH)
Cosmo (COZ-MOH)
Mike (MYK)