chapter 28

Thank you all so much for 9k reads on Makhfi
Chapter 28

Author's POV

A deep bone chilling silence, spread in the atmosphere. Everyone was shocked and confused. How and when did this happen? Armaan walked inside ignoring everyone. He didn't want to answer their questions. Jeez, he didn't even want this marriage.

A few minutes of silence went by and no one uttered a word. The youngsters all exchanged a confusing look. Zunaira's gaze was fixed on Armaan, frowned when she saw Armaan marching inside furiously. She who thought he would have been delighted to hear this felt confused at that moment.

She wanted to go after him, but stopped herself as she didn't know what to say to him.

Shahzain, Shahvaiz, Ruhaan and Azaan looked at each other. Armaan's body language gave them the answer they wanted to know. It was clear that he didn't want this marriage.

Zunaira soon excused herself and went inside. The atmosphere was still quite dense. Ali khan soon dismissed everyone.

__________________________________________

Mehrma's POV

Right now I am sitting in my new room, well Shahzain's room. The announcement that was made just a few minutes ago is still ringing in my ears. No one expected this, and by the view of everyone no one was fond of this idea. My thoughts were broken by Shahzain's voice.

Shahzain: "What's wrong with you?" he questioned a few seconds later.

Mehrma: " I know I sound like a hypocrite but I'm not impressed. Mainey hamesha Armaan ke liye Zunaira ka socha tha. I'm not pleased with this announcement." I exclaimed.

Shahzain: " You're right, all this was unexpected." he exclaimed, making me nod my head.

Mehrma: "Hmm" I muttered.

Mehr Nodded his head in return.

Both of us didn't speak for another few minutes.

Shahzain: "Damn we're married." I looked at him and then both of us broke in fits of laughter.

Mehrma: "You're right we are married, finally"

Shahzain: "Finally!"

__________________________________________

Armaan's POV

No, no. no, no......please tell me all of this just didn't happen. How could Abu do this to me? Wo mughsey bina puchey yeh baat sab ko kaisey bata sakhtey hai.

I pulled my hair out of frustration. I paced the length of my room in frustration. I had so much planned. Abhi to mainey Zunaira ko batana bhi tha that I like her. Abhi toh mainey uska response bhi sunna tha. Abhi toh humney kaafi kuch kerna tha.

I picked up the thing that was nearest to me and threw it at the wall. A umph sound echoed in the room as the glass crashed into the wall, breaking into a gazillion pieces. At the same moment, the door of my room was pushed open and a frantic looking Zunaira barged in.

Zunaira: "you okay?" she asked me as she looked at the broken shards of the glass that was scattered on the floor. I took a deep breath and plopped myself down on the bed. Zunaira carefully, with slow and steady steps, walked in the room. She glared at the glass shards as if they could sense her glare. A smile made itself comfortable as she looked around my room. My room was a big mess, as I have thrown everything here and there. She picked up the cushions and kept them on the bed. I kept looking at her, observing her every move.

Zunaira: "Manakey gussa aya hua hai, iska matlab yeh toh nahi hai ke tum cheezey utha ker phaiktey raho.'' She lectured me as she continued to tidy things up. I didn't respond to any rant of hers, because I knew if I opened my mouth at the very moment, I'd end up saying everything that is on my mind and in my heart. And knowing Zunaira, she'll probably freak out and with this so-called engagement in the way, she'll definitely reject me.

Zunaira: "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked me as she sat at the other end of the bed. I just shook my head in response.

Zunaira: "Acha chalo phir, I'll tell you about my day at work." with that she started blabbering about the chaos that's happening in her office.

The thing about Zunaira that I love the most is that she has the ability to make everyone delighted with her words. I kept hearing her going on and on about a certain co-worker of hers, completely forgetting about the chaos that is happening in my life at the moment.

____________________________________________

How was the chapter?

Hope you liked it.

Plz vote and comment.

And follow @irisseptember14 on instagram for story related content.