Chapter 25

Sorry for the delay. I was busy in my exams.
Hope you like the chapter.
Chapter 25
Authors POV
The whole house is rushing here and there in the preparations for Shahzain and Mehrma's mehndi.
( Mehndi is a function on which henna will be applied on the bride.)
Mahnoor: "Zunaira aur Mehrma uth jao. Dupeher ke 2 Baj rahey hai."
Zunaira:" Bas do or minute." Zunaira pleaded while nuzzling her face in the mountain of blankets.
Mahnoor huffed and then snatched the comforter off of  both girls who were in their fairyland. But both of them didn't even move a bit.
Zunaira and Mehrma both opened their eyes with a jolt when cold water was splashed all over their faces.
Mehrma:"Kya hai Mahnoor?"
Mahnoor:"Aj shaadi hai tumhari ,yeh hai. Ghantey se utha rahi hun tum dono ko. Chalo ab uth ke kaprey badlo."
With that Mahnoor was out the door. Both Zunaira and Mehrma shared a look and then eventually got up.
____________________________
Ruhaan and Azaan had the duty to set up the backyard for today's function. Right now, both of them were fussing over the arrangement.
Ruhaan:"Yeh udhar rakh dete hai."
Ruhaan said, pointing towards the swing where the bride and groom were supposed to sit.
Azaan:" Nahi, udhar se entrance hogi na." Azaaon said, shaking his head.
Ruhaan huffed a breath out.
Meanwhile Zunaira walked outside gleefully.
Zunaira:"Kya ker rahe ho tum dono?"
Ruhaan:"Figuring out where to place this." Ruhaan said, pointing towards the swing.
Zunaira kept quiet and observed the place and then screeched.
Zunaira:"Udhar!" She said pointing towards the corner.
Azaan:"Udhar kyun?" Azaan asked, intrigued.
Zunaira:"Well keep it slanted so that the bride and groom will be seen by everyone. They would be the centre of attention this way." Zunaira further explained.
The other two nodded in return and then picked it up to move it to the certain spot.
_________________________________
Zunaira was walking by the dining room, when she heard her taya and tai.
Obaid Taya:"Tum aj unsey mil lena. Wo achey log hai. Unki beti bhi bohat samjhdaar aur suljhi hui hai."
Sadaf Tai:"Jee. Inshallah achey log hongey. Allah hamarey Armaan ke haq mein behter karey."
Obaid Taya:"Ameen!"
Both of them busied themselves in their perspective works while Zunaira silently screeched in happiness.
Zunaira:"Waah Armaan miya. Apki bhi shehnaiya bajengi." She said to herself and smiled wholeheartedly.
__________________________________
Mehrma's POV
Right now I'm pacing my room's length. For some reason I'm quite anxious. I don't know why I'm feeling quite unwell. Oh god!!!
I was busy blabbering when Muneza entered.
Mehrma: " Tum yaha kya ker rahi ho?"""
Muneza: " I just came to congratulate you. Ab itna bhi nahi ker sakhti main."
I rolled my eyes at her clingy sweet voice.
Mehrma: "sure! Kerliya ab jao."
Muneza: "tumhey kya lagta hai tumhey Shahzain mil gaya hai to tum jeet gai ho."
Mehrma: ".Shahzain hamesha se mera hi hai. Tumhey kya lagta hai ke after everything you've done, you still have the right to just walk in my life again as if nothing happened and I'll let you. Tumhey masla kya hai mughsey, the least you can do is tell me why you re bent on making my life miserable."
Muneza: "You've got to be kidding me. Don't act all like you don't know why? You've been the biggest problem in my life since we were kids. Mehrma the sweet and intelligent child, everyone adored you, sabkey liye tum important thi.  I was just a side character in your story. I don't have anything. Tumhare paas sab kuch hai Mehr. Merey paas kya tha?"
Mehrma: "tumhare paas maa baap thay. Merey paas wo nahi  thay. Ami aur baba ke liye sab kuch tum thi. Ami ne aj tak mughsey pyar se baat nahi ki magar tumsey wo hamesha pyar se baat kerti hai. Yeh kyun nahi dekhti tum, tumney apna bachpan parents ke sath guzara hai. Agar nana na hotey to main Allah janey kiskey paas hoti, kon mera khyal rakhta jaisey hamre parents ne Tumhara rakho."
Muneza: "Just because wo dikhatey thay it doesn't mean ke unhoney asal may mera khyal rakha tha." After saying that she raised her shirt and there were multiple coloured bruises.
I gasped seeing that. Tears stung in the back of my eye. Muneza sat on her knees crouching her self.
Muneza: "Yeh tha humari so called mother ka khyal. Tumhey kya lagta hai I wanted to break your marriage with Shahzain. Nahi yaar! Mughey to Shahzain pasand bhi nahi hai. Agar main aisa nahi karungi to wo Alizay ke sath bhi wahi karengi jo merey sath kerti hai." Tears were flowing like waterfalls from both of us eyes. I went towards the crouched muneza and hugged her.
Muneza: "main thak gai hu lar lar ker Mehr. Mughey nahi larna ab. Please mughey maaf kerdo. I'm begging you.
Mehrma: "I'm so sorry, I wasn't there for you when you needed me. I'm so sorry." I whispered while hugging her and caressing her beautiful black locks of hair.
I kissed her head and kept holding her. She wrapped her hands around my torso tightly as if she was scared that I would leave her.
Mehrma: I promise I won't leave you, ever." I don't even know for how many minutes we kept sitting like this, hugging each other. We both were dependent on each other like we would break if we let go of the other.
___________________________________
Authors POV
Mahnoor and Zunaira both came upstairs to take Mehrma down stairs. Mahnoor opened the door and stood there seeing mehrma and muneza hugging and crying. Zunaira also froze seeing the scene. They stood there for a couple of minutes, watching both of them finding peace in each other's solace.
Mahnoor cleared her throat to capture the attention of both of them. Muneza and Mehrma separated seeing Mahnoor and Zunaira.
Mahnoor: "Did we interrupt something."
Muneza: "No...
Mehrma: "Yup!"
Muneza was cut off by Mehrma.
Mahnoor narrowed her eyes at Mehrma and walked towards them.
Mahnoor: "Tumhara dhula betaab ho raha hai." Mahnoor told Mehrma.
Mehrma: "thori dair aur hone do." Mehrma said on which she got a slap on the head from Muneza. Mehrma just made a face in return while the other three laughed.
Things were getting better, relationships were being reunited. Everything is getting better but it will take time. And they had all the time in the whole entire world.
______________________________________
How did you liked the plot twist?
How was the chapter hope you liked it.
Plz vote and comment.