CHTP • V •

Dayton finished her work and rushed towards the car with a hasty step. She wanted to dress up for tonight's date. Dear God knows when she was on her last date. She jumped into the shower and applied coconut-scented shower gel. She loved it because her sheets smelled like it after showering and sleeping. She opened the closet and looked at what she could wear. She had countless combinations in her head, but the decision came down to a very simple one. She wore a white crop top with the word USA on it and a long flowing dark blue dress with white dots. She put on her sandals and was ready, and tied her hair in a low messy bun. It was 6 pm and she got a call.

- Hey. I'm out. Are you ready? - Cyclone asked her.

- I'm coming down. I'm right out.

Dayton turned off all the lights in the house and grabbed her purse. Outside leaning on his Jepp Rubicon, Cyclone was waiting for her dressed in classic black pants and a white light linen shirt. Dayton approached him with a smile as he opened the car door for her. He walked around the front of the car and sat behind the wheel.

- Where are you taking me? - Dayton asked.

- It's no surprise if I tell you. By the way, you are beautiful. That dress will drive me crazy. - he replied without taking his eyes off the road.

-Who would have thought that strict Vice General Cyclone could give a compliment?

- Don't make fun of me. I'm going to blush.

They both laughed as they drove the car. Dayton tried to figure out where they were going. Cyclone pulled into the parking lot and helped her out of the car. He took her to a small restaurant that had only a few tables with a wonderful view of the harbor and the moored ships.

- I remember you loved them. I don't know how many times you ran away from the base to look at the ships in the harbor when you got tired of work. - he told her with warmth in his eyes.

- Oh, Cyclone. No one ever paid attention to what I love. Thank you. - she told him with eyes full of tears of joy.

-Ugh, when you call me by my callsign I feel like I'm still working. We are out of base, can we stay on the name? - he asked her.

-Of course. Although I don't know what's wrong with Cyclone? - she said teasing him and shrugging her shoulders.

- Ok. Then let it stay like that...Dawn. - he said with a smile on his face.

Even though Dayton wasn't a fan of her callsign, she somehow preferred hearing it from his lips. He took her to a restaurant where he had made a table reservation in advance. They sat down and looked at the menu.

- Do you see anything interesting? - he asked her and looked over the menu.

- I would like to try this salmon with white truffle sauce with butter and asparagus. Sounds delicious.

 Sounds delicious