Act 3: #6

Charles POV

"I don't want to leave" Charles whined as he cuddled Christina while the two of them laid on the bed. Christina was about 8 months pregnant now. Her belly had grown so much, clear evidence of the baby that she was carrying inside her.

So it was quite hard for them to be actually close to each other since their "little pea", as Charles kept calling their child, was always in between them. But the Monegasque still found his ways of cuddling her, even now.

"You know you have to" Christina told him as she caressed the back of his neck, playing slightly with his fluffy hair.

"But what if something happens to you and little pea? What if she decides to come out while I'm gone?" Charles asked as his hand went under Christina's huge T-shirt and to her belly, caressing it softly.

"I see you're convinced that it's a she" Christina chuckled. Charles smiled at that. They decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise. They'd learn when it was born.

"Call it a father feeling. I know ma petite princesse is hiding in there" Charles exclaimed and leaned down to kiss Christina's belly. "Stop it, you'll get her going again" Christina whined and Charles laughed like an idiot.

Each time Charles decided to touch or kiss Christina's belly, the baby would go crazy in there. Always kicking and turning, excited to feel the touch of its father.

"Sorry, mon coeur. I can't resist you two" Charles exclaimed before kissing Christina's lips.

"Just because you're kissing me it doesn't mean that I'll forget that you should have left 20 minutes ago" Christina exclaimed with a grin as Charles kept laying kisses on her face and neck.

"Fineee" Charles exclaimed as he moved away. "Are you sure you want me to go?"

"Charles, I promise that little pea isn't ready to come out yet" she told him, using his nickname for the baby which she still disliked. "But yesterday-"

"Yesterday was nothing. Just some Braxton Hicks. Little pea is just testing us" Christina replied to him, trying to reassure him that they would be fine without him.

Yesterday while the two of them were dining with Charles's family, Christina laughed a little more than she should with Arthur's jokes. She had contractions and everyone thought that she was in labor.

"Fine. But I'll be back as soon as I can" Charles told her before he kissed her. "And Tina... you used the nickname again" Charles grinned at her.

"Oh get out of here!" she yelled at him as she threw a pillow his way.

After getting his car keys Charles pulled the door of the apartment open. He said his goodbye to the baby with a kiss on the belly and to Christina with another kiss on the lips and left.

He was missing them more and more as he drove away from Monaco. He had to go to Marinello for some team meeting and it was killing him that he could take Christina with him. 

He was so deep in thought. He was excited to meet his child. He joked a lot that it would be a daughter. He said that he knew it, that he felt it. But the truth was that whatever the baby was, a boy or a girl, he'd love them the same. With all his heart. 

He was a couple of minutes outside Monaco when he noticed his brother's car racing towards him. His eyebrows furrowed as Lorenzo quickly passed him from the right and then got in front of him. 

Lorenzo signaled him with the emergency lights and Charles stopped his car with the first chance he got. 

"What the hell, Enzo?" he asked his brother as they both exited their cars.