Chapter 30

Charles's POV

I had just gotten out of my car. Unfortunately, we weren't where we wanted this year. I seriously don't know how this will work out. I'm worried.

I exit my garage with my bag in my hands. I need a good sleep. Today was tiring.

As I'm walking towards my car, I notice Lewis. He's leaving the track as well. He doesn't see me as I approach him because he's on his phone.

I know that I should let it go. I know that I should forget about her. But I can't.

"Hey Lewis" I greet him and he gives a small smile. "Hey man, how's it going?" he asked me as we did a handshake.

"Cool, umm... I wanted to ask you something" I said as I looked at the floor. Lewis understood immediately that I wanted to talk about her. He could tell from the expression on my face.

"Have you talked to her? She hasn't given any sign of life the past two months and I'm worried" I sighed. I knew Lewis was the only to whom I could talk openly about her. I knew that the others would tell me to move on again and I really didn't need that talk.

"I'm sorry, Charles. Whatever you know, I know as well. She hasn't contacted me in so long" Lewis replied with a sad expression.

I nodded in response.

So she didn't just disappear from my life. She disappeared from everyone else's as well. 

What happened? I still couldn't figure it out. There's no way she'd leave Lewis just because she broke up with me.

Why did she broke up with me in the first place? Because the reasoning she gave me back then really seems not to be the case.

"Thank you, man. Appreciate your honesty" I gave him a nod to indicate that I would say goodbye.

But as I turned to walk away, I found more things I wanted to ask him. So I returned.

"Do you know why she left? Or why she broke up with me?" I asked.

Lewis shook his head.

"She was acting really weird back in December. You weren't the only one she pushed away, Charles" Lewis responded.

"I just- I'm trying to find what I did wrong. She told me that she didn't want the same thing that happened to Tayler and her to happen to us. And I believed her for a while. But I don't think that's the reason anymore" I shook my head frustrated.

"I know you don't want to hear it. But maybe you should forget about her" Lewis touched my shoulder sympathetically.

"I'm trying. But I can't let go that easily when I know that something really good could have come out of this if she didn't just blew it because she was scared" I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

How could she find it in her heart to leave me so easily? We loved each other. I really thought I found my person in her.

"Of course you could've been something good. Christina was just afraid of her feelings. She didn't know how to act when it came to you. And you know Christina... she likes to run"

She indeed liked to run.

But I thought we had gone over it together. I thought we-

It doesn't matter anymore what I thought.

They are right. She's not coming back and I should forget about her. I should move on.

I got into my car and drove to the airport. I was flying back to Monaco tonight. I felt the need to hide in my hole again even though I had to fly back here in a couple of days.