Act 3: #3

Author's note: I found this song, and I instantly thought of Charles and Christina's relationship during act 2. Please tell me that you hear it too! Oh, and "I'll be waiting" from the same artist also reminds me of them so much. 

Anyway enjoyyyy

Charles's POV

We were all sitting around the table. We were done with the food, so now we were all just sitting around, talking and appreciating little Chiara. 

After Christina said she had to answer a phone call from Lisa, she disappeared for some time. I suppose it was a business call since Lisa was the one calling, so it'd be quite long. 

She had to return to acting soon, people were starting to ask questions, and the job offers were just coming one after the other. I knew Christina had spent the last months that she's been healthy turning down every single offer, but Lisa has been pushing her to accept even something small. She had a really good career to let it die just like that. 

"I don't know if you guys look like idiots to her or she's actually amused," Christina appeared by the table where Thomas and Guizou were being silly with Chiara. Her face, however, looked like she was judging them.

"She's definitely judging them," I said as I walked towards her. I wrapped my arms around her from behind and leaned my head on her shoulder. 

"Got it from the godparents," she exclaimed, and Marta burst out laughing. Charlotte and I looked at them, confused as to what they meant. 

Marta high fived Christina as the two of them laughed at our faces. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" Charlotte and I asked at the same time. 

"Don't pretend that you haven't seen the memes," Marta stated. "While you two were a couple, you were definitely judging half the population of Monaco." 

"We did not!" 

"Don't make me pull out proof, Leclerc," Christina told me with a small smirk. "Please! I have pictures of them judging. The public has never seen them. " Marta told Christina amused. 

"Now that you said pictures, you never showed me those with Chiara." I looked at Christina. "Change the subject. Good strategy. " Joris hit my shoulder playfully. 

"Here," Christina pulled her phone out of her pocket and started showing me what she had taken earlier. They were all perfect. 

"You know what I realized right now?" Charlotte spoke up. "Everyone has held Chiara except Christina!" she exclaimed, giving me a wink. 

That woman knew exactly what she was doing. 

"Yeah, babe, you should hold her so I can take a picture of you," I told her, giving her my best puppy-eyes look. 

"I- no. What if  I drop her?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing a little. "You won't drop her, mon coeur." I smiled at her softly, caressing her hair. 

Marta passed Christina little Chiara, and I could sense so many emotions radiating off of her. She was anxious... and sad. 

Why was she sad? 

Christina stared at the baby with a small smile on her lips. I was mesmerized as I looked at her. She looked so beautiful like that, with a baby in her arms.

How would she look with our own children? I wondered.

I was so taken back by the sight in front of me that I forgot to take the picture. Thankfully, Charlotte did for me, so I was free to admire my girl.