Chapter 28

Charles's POV 

1 week since she left...

2 weeks since she left...

3 weeks since she left...

It's been 1 month...

Fuck, I miss her. I had just returned home from the training camp in Italy and as soon as I opened the door of my apartment I could see and feel her everywhere.

And the funniest thing was that this was my apartment. I lived here before her and now I lived here after her and it just wasn't the same.

I walked further in, leaving my suitcase on the hall as I entered the living room.

Everything looked to be in place, just like I left them.

Just like she left them.

Our photos were still on the shelves like the Polaroids I had hanged on the string above the desk were I was working on.

I couldn't take them away. And I don't think I still can. I want them to be there, to be honest. I want to be able to look at her beautiful face with every given chance.

She didn't only leave my life with the break up. She left everyone else's as well. And I feel like she left her own as well.

She hasn't posted in any of her social media since the last night we spent together. The gossip pages and magazines haven't referred to her for 30 days. No one has seen or talked to her. It's like she disappeared.

I sat on the couch to relax a little after my flight. I leaned against the cushions and my eyes roamed around the room.

My gaze fell on the shelves where I kept my trophies and helmets.

Bahrain 2022; I gave her my cap after that win.

Azerbaijan 2022; Andrea read me her text during the race

Austria 2022; she was crying when she saw me on the podium

I shook my head, trying to get her out of my thoughts. I walked in the kitchen in search of food. But I was away for a lot of days. My fridge was empty.