Chapter 36

Charles's POV

Something less than two days.

That's the time I had with her before I had to leave again for another race.

Round 3, Australia.

My F1 season has been as shitty as my life currently. Can't be happy at home nor on track. The car didn't want to cooperate with me.

I felt cold as I turned on the bed. My hand searched through the sheets, looking for her but found instead a cold and empty bed.

Not only Christina wasn't in my arms  but she wasn't on the bed as well.

I got up and walked out of the bedroom in search of her. I looked at the bathroom and the kitchen. He'll I looked everywhere in the house but no one was here apart from me.

Shadow wasn't also here which made me furrow my eyebrows. Where was she and where was Shadow?

As I walked back to our bedroom, so I could get my phone and call her, I noticed a small note on my side table.

Took Shadow for a walk  - Tina

I read it multiple times, just so I was sure for what I was seeing.

There were times that made me wonder if Christina had any fully functioning brain cell in her head. Walking alone with Shadow was very dangerous. Especially if she tried to exercise with him like they used to.

I was ready to call her when I heard the front door open and Christina walked in with Shadow following on her trails.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" I asked her as I walked towards her.

"Calm down." she told me before she closed the door of the apartment. "Calm down? Christina-"

"I know, I know," she sighed. "Lewis just asked me to get some breakfast with the dogs like we used to, and you were sleeping."

At least she wasn't alone.

"Please, don't be mad" she stood before me, staring at my face as a grumpy expression had taken over my features and I ignored her stare.

"Charles" She called my name, and took my face in her hands, turning it around so I'd look at her.

"Fine" I scoffed as I looked at her. I pulled her against me by her waist and she kissed my lips.

"Don't do that again. You can't be walking alone anymore" I told her and she nodded softly.

We moved to the kitchen and Christina fidget with everything as I had my breakfast. She was cleaning everything and anything she found in her way.

"Where did you even get all this energy?"  I asked her with furrowed eyebrows and she stopped whatever she was doing.

"I want to tell you something" she breathed out as she returned to the table. She sat across from me. She was playing with her fingers as she was thinking of what to say and I knew that something serious was coming.

And I probably wouldn't like it.

"I've decided something. And I've asked the doctor about it as well" she started and I let go of my spoon. I gave her my full attention.

"I decided to stop taking the immunosuppressants" she said and I think my heart stopped beating.

What was she talking about?

"The result won't change and the pills are just making me feel worse and since I am going to-"

"Stop. No" I said and shook my head. I couldn't allow her to do that. She just admitted that she accepted the fact that she'd die no matter what. Stop taking the pills would give her easier time but less.