Chapter 29

Christina's POV

Getting off the bed grew harder and harder as the days passed. My strength was slowly fading and I caught myself losing the will to live as well. 

Shadow looked at me with his beautiful eyes as we  were currently sitting on the grass of the garden. He was whining pushing his toy in my grasp while winging his tail.

I couldn't play with him for long anymore. I grew tired after throwing his ball two times and a round of tug. I couldn't take him on those long walks he was used to that were actually runs. 

I closed my eyes as I leaned back, trying to enjoy the winter sun. The rays touched my white skin, bringing me warmth and calmness. Shadow realized that even though he begged me a lot, I wouldn't stand up anytime soon. He didn't complain as he left, finding a butterfly to run after.

"Christina, it's time for your pills" Aphrodite yelled at me as she stood at the door with a small bottle in her hands.

My pills. Right.

I slowly stood up and walked back inside the house. Shadow left the butterfly alone and followed me. He never left my side since we arrived in Rubiera. I guess he could sense that something was off with me. 

A part of me hoped that he hadn't realized that I'd leave him. I didn't want him to be sad. 

"Thank you, A" I sighed as I took the small container in my hands and poured the pills I was supposed to take on my hand. Aphrodite handed me a glass of water before offering me a small sweet smile. 

I tried to return it but the disgusted expression forming on my face was inevitable. I hated taking those. Even though I knew they helped in a way, I still felt like they made me worse than I was supposed to be. The side effects were worse than any symptom that I could have. 

The fatigue, the sleepiness... I just wanted for all of this to be over. 

But it wouldn't, at least for anytime soon. 

Next weak I was supposed to start a new treatment. Heavier than this one. I don't know if I can handle that. 

I walked to the couch that was placed by the huge window. You could see the whole garden from there. I sat down and the feeling of the cushions under me brought back memories that made my heart ache. 

On this couch we cuddled for the first time. I almost fell asleep on him as we watched Fast and Furious. 

I found my laptop on the coffee table where I had left it yesterday and took it in my hands. I opened it and went to the page I always went every morning. 

"How is it going?" Aphrodite asked me as she sat beside me and peaked at the screen, looking at my text. 

"It's almost done. I have to write the epilogue and it's finished" I told her, a sigh escaping my lips as I went through the pages and stared at the words I had written.

50 days. 

That's how much it took me to write this. 

50 days to write my first and last book. My story with Charles. 

It was the first time that I ever managed to imprint all my thoughts on paper and bind them into one complete thing. Ready to be shared. 

To him. 

"I have to ask you for something" I spoke up. I felt my heart beating faster as I closed the laptop and placed it back on the coffee table. Aphrodite looked at me with furrowed eyebrows as she awaited for my request.

"Soon I'll be done writing this. Lisa has already arranged for someone to print it and bind it to a book. One copy only" I explained.

"I want it to reach him after I'm gone. Can I trust you to make that happen?" I asked her and she puffed out. She was immediately off the couch, pacing around as she fidgeted with her necklace.