Chapter 40

Hello, hello! Are you ready, kids? Oohhh~

...

...Is it too late now to stop or am I in too deep?

Well, just start preparing your hearts.

PS: To all Tiktok users who edit Beefleaf and Shi siblings' angst, thank you for being such an inspiration :)

Ch.107:‌ ‌Gods‌ ‌and‌ ‌Ghost‌ ‌Hear‌ ‌the‌ ‌Tale‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Blood-Soaked‌ ‌Fire‌ ‌Social‌ ‌

"I'm assuming the title is pointing towards our two couples but what is the blood-soaked fire social?" Pei Ming mused, having forgotten its mention in the previous video due to the shock of seeing the bloodied festival.

Ling Wen sighed, "Have you forgotten the previous video?"

"It's the parade they saw by chance," Wu Du added without the usual bite or heat in his words.

Ling Wen and Pei Ming exchanged slightly worried glances as they helplessly watched a friend break more and more out of worry.

Meanwhile, Xie Lian simply sighed, knowing that Pei Ming wouldn't change his words no matter what and decided to accept it. Well, as long as San Lang is okay with being paired up with Xie Lian. After all, Xie Lian was no fool. He knew San Lang liked him enough to be friendly even if the ghost scorned and attacked heaven and the officials. Now, all he had to do was wait until San Lang grew bored of him and leave him behind ̶(̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶)̶.

Qing Xuan simply laughed a little as she teasingly grinned at He Xuan who rolled his eyes as if he was annoyed at the thought.

Hua Cheng, as usual, simply smiled while looking unbothered by everything.

‌Xie‌ ‌Lian‌ ‌immediately‌ ‌rose‌ ‌to‌ ‌this‌ ‌feet.‌ ‌Shi‌ ‌Qingxuan,‌ ‌too,‌ ‌stomped‌ ‌a‌ ‌foot‌ ‌down‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌table,‌ ‌rolling‌ ‌up‌ ‌his‌ ‌sleeves‌ ‌as‌ ‌if‌ ‌ready‌ ‌to‌ ‌charge‌ ‌right‌ ‌down.‌ ‌

"Qing Xuan, please, stop being reckless," Wu Du's eye twitched.

Really, what would his sibling do without him?

He slightly glanced at He Xuan who, as always, stayed beside the wind master before turning back to the screen.

Well, at the very least, he knows his sibling is in good hands once he passes away.

Yes, "once" and not "if".

Wu Du was not foolish enough to believe that his past would never catch up to him.

He just hopes his past would leave Qing Xuan alone.

̶H̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶o̶g̶a̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶n̶o̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶u̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶.̶

Xie‌ ‌Lian‌ ‌hastily‌ ‌held‌ ‌him‌ ‌back‌ ‌and‌ ‌said,‌ ‌"It's‌ ‌nothing,‌ ‌don't‌ ‌worry,‌ ‌Lord‌ ‌Wind‌ ‌Master,‌ ‌please‌ ‌calm‌ ‌down."‌ ‌

‌"IS‌ ‌IT‌ ‌NOTHING‌ ‌EVEN‌ ‌WITH‌ ‌EYEBALLS‌ ‌SQUEEZED‌ ‌OUT???"‌ ‌Shi‌ ‌Qingxuan‌ ‌was‌ ‌alarmed.‌

"Please, stop mentioning it," Qian Qiu said with a queasy look as the screen zoomed in on the mentioned eyes.

"Yes, future me, stop mentioning the appearances," Qing Xuan agreed with closed eyes, trying to not vomit all over herself and He Xuan who was beside her.