Prologue

Timeline: After season 1 of donghua, Xie Lian and the others who were with him are reporting to Jun Wu about Ban Yue Pass

Xie Lian resisted the urge to grab his head for the nth time, especially in front of the heavenly emperor. Ever since Ling Wen sent him an urgent message to return to heaven, he started getting headaches from time to time. At the beginning, while he was approaching the Palace Hall of the Supreme Martial God, he only experienced a dull ache in his head and thought that it was because he hasn't fully recovered from the Ban Yue Pass incident. However, it gradually became more prominent the closer he reached his destination until it was now extremely distracting to the point that he couldn't even see or hear clearly. If he was in any other place facing anyone else, he would have politely told them to continue their conversation the next day so that he could rest. However, he couldn't do that in front of Jun Wu and the other heavenly officials lest he gain more enemies so he had to focus all his strength in listening and pretending that everything was fine.

"-le, -an le, Xian Le." shaking his head a little to focus, Xie Lian raised his head to look at Jun Wu who had called him.

"Yes, my lord?" he asked with his usual kind smile, trying to ease the worried look Jun Wu was giving him. If he was clear headed, he would have noticed that the Wind Master, Feng Xin, Mu Qing and even Pei Ming were also shooting him worried glances.

"Are you alright?" Jun Wu asked, standing up from his throne to approach him which made him panic a little.

"I-I'm alright, my lord!" Xie Lian exclaimed. "You don't need to co-"

He wasn't able to finish his statement when his knees weakened and he fell down to the ground. Instinctively, Feng Xin and Mu Qing rushed to Xie Lian's side in order to help him and stop his fall but were too slow. Fortunately, Jun Wu was quick in his feet and managed to grab his right arm to hold him straight. 

"Xian Le!" Jun Wu called out in surprise and worry. "Are you okay? If you weren't feeling well, you should have told me. We could have continued the meeting on another day."

Vaguely, Xie Lian could hear some officials murmur 'favoritism' and such but couldn't focus on it because the headache was making him lose consciousness. Still, he couldn't let the heavenly emperor hold him all day long so he tried standing up on his own. Once he succeeded, he was about to tell Jun Wu to let go because he was fine when a bright light suddenly appeared and swallowed him and other officials. 

~~~

When Xie Lian opened his eyes, he reflexively closed them to not get blinded by the light, he immediately noticed four things. First, his head doesn't hurt anymore. Second, he was in a weird room with seventeen chairs lined up in four rows facing a large black screen. Thirdly, he wasn't alone in the room as he found some familiar faces standing up from the ground. Last but not least, Jun Wu has not let go of his arm. He was about to speak when somebody beat him to it.

"Let go of his arm you bitch!" a cute voice squeaked out inside the room which made everyone alert and moved to grab their weapons, only to freeze when they grabbed nothing. 

"Who are you!" Feng Xin shouted with an angry glare. "Where are we!"

"I said let go!" the voice ignored Feng Xin which made the god angrier and started looking around for the voice just like what everyone else was doing. However, no one could find the voice's location.

"Where is that voice coming from?" the wind master, Shi Qing Xuan asked while fanning herself (She's in her female form), sticking by her brother who was standing in front of her in order to protect her. 

"I don't know but be alert, Qing Xuan." Shi Wudu, the water master, ordered without commenting about her form for the first time. That's because they needed all the strength they can get and even he can't deny that his younger brother is stronger in his female form.