Chapter 2

Chapter 34 : The Palace Hall of the Supreme Martial God, Crown Prince meets Crown Prince (III)

Xie Lian was silent. Jun Wu shook his head gently and said, "You don't know either."

Xie Lian could only smile sheepishly when Jun Wu turned to look at him.

"I'm sorry?" Xie Lian tried, only for Jun Wu to helplessly laugh a little.

"You don't need to apologize for something you don't want to." Jun Wu said with a gentle smile. "It's alright."

He tilted his head slightly, then motioned for Xie Lian to follow him. Together, they strolled towards the rear hall of the Palace of the Supreme Martial God.

Jun Wu clasped his hands behind him as he walked. "Xian Le has grown up," he said lightly.

Xie Lian dared not utter a word in reply. Jun Wu continued, "Eight hundred years ago when you descended, I asked you to keep in touch with me, and to stop wallowing in filth on your own. Eight hundred years, and not a word from you did I receive, while you went courting death relentlessly. You returned to Heaven many days ago, but did not see fit to report yourself at the Palace Hall of the Supreme Martial God. If anyone else had been this impertinent, the Ling Wen Palace Hall would have certainly taken that person to task."

Xie Lian could only look down with a flustered expression, especially when most of the gods in the room was looking at him.

"How...brave of you." Pei Ming said in amusement before looking at Ling Wen. "And why is he treated specially?"

"Because it's his highness." Ling Wen simply explained. "He would never do anything bad even if it was his only choice."

While those who knew of him, even a little, nod in agreement, Xie Lian couldn't help but inwardly flinch, remembering a memory he buried a long time ago - a memory of a lost man close to awakening a disease to end a kingdom.

Xie Lian's apology earlier had not been referring to this, and Jun Wu was naturally aware as well. He continued mildly, "If by 'Sorry', you mean to apologize for those stabbings, then just forget about it. You said yourself that everything should henceforth be forgotten."

"Stabbing?" Quan Yizhen asked in confusion. 

"Ah, that..." Xie Lian couldn't answer and only scratched his left cheek. 

"Could it be referring to what happened to your second ascension?" Ling Wen asked, easily piecing the puzzle together.

"...Yes." Xie Lian answered after a small hesitation while the others in the room looked at him with shock. They might have heard the rumors that he was banished again because he fought with the heavenly emperor but who knew the prince managed to land some scratches.

Xie Lian smiled bitterly. "......how could I forget."

"Look ahead of you then," Jun Wu said quietly. "There are still many affairs that need you."

Xie Lian rubbed at his brows. "Xian Le is now only a worn out excuse of an immortal with no spiritual powers. It is highly unlikely that I would be needed anywhere. I only ask to avoid trouble."

"Why disparage yourself? The two tasks which you have completed since your return were handled excellently," Jun Wu said.

"Exactly, Xian Le." Jun Wu said with a nod. "You're more than that. Besides, weren't you the one who rejected my offer of removing the shackles?"

"You rejected the offer? Are you mad?" Mu Qing asked in shock like everyone else. They've never heard of a god who willingly lived without their powers. That's like volunteering living as a mortal without using one of their limbs!