Chapter 37

Hello! So, I'm really sorry for the late publishing. I was honestly planning on finishing and publishing this by December 13 but I didn't have much strength or motivation because I just finished my exams this semester so the writing kept getting delayed T-T.

Ch.104:‌ ‌Venerable‌ ‌of‌ ‌Empty‌ ‌Words;‌ ‌Mourning‌ ‌at‌ ‌the‌ ‌Feast‌ ‌2‌ ‌ ‌

"Ohhh, it's finally time to see the second time Guoshi defeated the venela-venerab-the jinx monster!" Qian Qiu said, his excitement causing him to mispronounce some words. 

"Yes!" Qing Xuan cheered, also hyped up as she stared at the screen curiously. Could his highness' experience help her deal with her own jinx-venerable of empty words? She really hoped so because she was getting so exhausted both mentally and physically. 

Wu Du, although silent, stared at the screen with so much focus that Pei Ming and Ling Wen knew something was wrong with him. They wanted to ask him but decided against it -- if he didn't want to share it then who were they to pester him? He'll come to them if he wanted too. Besides, it wasn't like he was the only one who hides things from the others. Pei Ming never talks about his past flings while Ling Wen never shared the sin she committed.

It‌ ‌was‌ ‌also‌ ‌many‌ ‌years‌ ‌ago‌ ‌when‌ ‌Xie‌ ‌Lian‌ ‌met‌ ‌a‌ ‌Venerable‌ ‌of‌ ‌Empty‌ ‌Words.‌ ‌

"I wonder how long ago he met the last one," Pei Su voiced out. Xie Lian blinked at him, surprised at the question, but still responded nonetheless. 

"That's so long ago," Ling Wen mused before realizing something. "Do you think the reason no other venerable of empty words haunt you is because they feel like you're worse than them?"

"..."

"Pfft!"

That‌ ‌time,‌ ‌he‌ ‌had‌ ‌just‌ ‌finished‌ ‌constructing‌ ‌a‌ ‌small‌ ‌hut‌ ‌by‌ ‌his‌ ‌own‌ ‌power‌ ‌and‌ ‌was‌ ‌just‌ ‌standing‌ ‌there‌ ‌admiring‌ ‌his‌ ‌new‌ ‌abode‌ ‌when‌ ‌suddenly,‌ ‌a‌ ‌tiny‌ ‌little‌ ‌voice‌ ‌came‌ ‌from‌ ‌one‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌corners,‌ ‌"This‌ ‌dwelling‌ ‌of‌ ‌yours‌ ‌will‌ ‌collapse‌ ‌in‌ ‌two‌ ‌months!"‌ ‌

"Looking at the state of that hut, it will collapse before a month is over," Qi Rong scoffed.

'He's not wrong,' some thought but would never admit it, not willing to admit the green ghost was correct in some way.

"So‌ ‌what‌ ‌did‌ ‌you‌ ‌do?"‌ ‌Shi‌ ‌Qingxuan‌ ‌asked.‌ ‌

"Nothing."‌ ‌Xie‌ ‌Lian‌ ‌replied.‌ ‌

"Nothing?" Mu Qing rose an eyebrow.

"Knowing him, he's probably going to say something so utterly ridiculous no one can ever copy it," Feng Xin scoffed.

"I‌ ‌said,‌ ‌"Two‌ ‌months?‌ ‌If‌ ‌it's‌ ‌still‌ ‌standing‌ ‌in‌ ‌seven‌ ‌days‌ ‌then‌ ‌it'd‌ ‌be‌ ‌a‌ ‌real‌ ‌miracle"."‌ ‌

"..."

"...Maybe it wasn't a good idea to seek his highness for this..." Qing Xuan admitted hesitantly, bewildered at the prince's suggestions.

Wu Du sighed in disappointment. He was hoping to gain some knowledge helpful to their situation and yet...the prince was truly unique.

"..."‌ ‌