Chapter 13

"I'm alive!" Lynn announced as she entered the room. "I'm really sorry for being gone for so long. Is everyone doing alright?"

"Bored." Mu Qing immediately said with a scowl. "What took you so long?"

"Oh, you know, I had to fight white no face first before coming back." Lynn answered with a shrug, earning lots of shock looks, especially from Jun Wu. 

"Seriously? Did you win?" Qian Qiu asked with excitement.

"Of course it's a joke." Lynn deadpanned. "How can I even meet him here? I was just busy from school and all."

'It's impossible considering your king can't do anything here.' she thought.

"Oh." many immediately looked bored.

"Alright, let's go watch the next few episodes now." Lynn said while clapping her hands, causing everyone to suddenly go back to their seats as the screen turned on.

"Eh?" Xie Lian, who was distracted talking with Hua Cheng and heard nothing, was shocked at how the screen suddenly turned on but knew that they were going to watch again so he just smiled at Lynn who was beside him and focused on watching.

Ch.47:‌ ‌Raiding‌ ‌a‌ ‌Heavenly‌ ‌Palace;‌ ‌Three‌ ‌Lines‌ ‌to‌ ‌Scare‌ ‌All‌ ‌Gods‌ ‌

"Well, that's a good start." Pei Ming said sarcastically. 

Silver‌ ‌shimmered‌ ‌turbulently,‌ ‌and‌ ‌without‌ ‌thinking,‌ ‌Xie‌ ‌Lian's‌ ‌first‌ ‌reaction‌ ‌was‌ ‌to‌ ‌block‌ ‌with‌ ‌his‌ ‌hand,‌ ‌and‌ ‌the‌ ‌RuoYe‌ ‌on‌ ‌his‌ ‌arm,‌ ‌if‌ ‌the‌ ‌situation‌ ‌called‌ ‌for‌ ‌it,‌ ‌would‌ ‌attack‌ ‌automatically.‌ ‌Yet,‌ ‌those‌ ‌silver‌ ‌butterflies‌ ‌never‌ ‌charged‌ ‌towards‌ ‌him,‌ ‌and‌ ‌instead,‌ ‌flew‌ ‌around‌ ‌him‌ ‌to‌ ‌attack‌ ‌the‌ ‌two‌ ‌behind‌ ‌who‌ ‌were‌ ‌fist‌ ‌fighting‌ ‌just‌ ‌moments‌ ‌ago.‌ ‌

"Of course I wouldn't let them hurt you gege." Hua Cheng immediately said.

"So we're going to ignore how the two idiots are fighting inside the house of the person they 'hate'?" Qi Rong asked with a raised brow, air-quoting hate because everyone in the room knew that was a lie. 

"Yes." both Mu Qing and Feng Xin said with a stern face, having an idea why they were in the room and what they would say. Spoiler: it wouldn't be a pleasant talk.

Feng‌ ‌Xin‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mu‌ ‌Qing‌ ‌suffered‌ ‌before‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌hands‌ ‌of‌ ‌those‌ ‌wraithe‌ ‌butterflies,‌ ‌knew‌ ‌how‌ ‌powerful‌ ‌they‌ ‌were,‌ ‌and‌ ‌didn't‌ ‌dare‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌careless.‌

Hua Cheng smirked at this, feeling proud while Xie Lian sweat drop with a fond smile.

'If that ain't love, I don't know what is.' Pei Ming thought with a roll of his eyes. 'It's getting annoying to see them circle around each other.'

Lynn wondered if the two would get together quicker compared to the original. After all, their feelings, mostly Xie Lian's, were developing faster.

 They‌ ‌both‌ ‌raised‌ ‌their‌ ‌hands‌ ‌at‌ ‌the‌ ‌same‌ ‌time‌ ‌and‌ ‌cried,‌ ‌"SHIELD!"‌ ‌

"Don't." both Feng Xin and Mu Qing said the moment they saw Pei Ming open his mouth. "We will never be together!"

"enemies to lovers." was the only thing Pei Ming said with a smirk.