Chapter 3

Chapter 35.1 : Entering Ghost City, Crown Prince meets Ghost King

Dance of the Devil

Thoroughly embarrassed with himself, it wasn't until two hours later that Xie Lian finally managed to steal a look at his scroll. Only then did he gain a better understanding of the Wind Master's background and origins.

"It's alright, your highness, everyone makes mistakes!" Qing Xuan said with a smile, trying to cheer up Xie Lian who looked embarrassed. 

"At least you didn't mistake him as a perverted crossdresser." He Xuan said, slightly pitying the prince who looked like he wanted to be buried inside a hole and never be seen again.

"Who the fuck mistook my brother like that!" Wu Du demanded but wasn't given an answer, irritating him.

All five of the masters of Heaven have replaced their surnames with their titles. For example, the Earth Master was once known as "Ming Yi" in the human realm, but after ascending to Heaven, he was henceforth known as "Earth Master Yi". The Wind Master's name had been "Shi Qing Xuan" prior to his ascension, and now he is "Wind Master Qing Xuan". And just like his name, Wind Master Qing Xuan's nature was free and easy as the breeze. He enjoyed socializing, often eager to meet new faces and was warm and generous with his friends. He was highly popular among the Officials of the Upper Court, as evidenced when he tossed out a hundred thousand merits with a wave of his hand within the spiritual communication array. 

"Sigh, I've told you countless times not to give money to those fools." Wu Du said with a sigh. "They're all useless. If you want to give money so bad, give it to that crown prince. At least he's worth it and won't backstab you from the back."

Xie Lian, fortunately or unfortunately, didn't hear the water master as he was too busy playing with the silver butterfly Hua Cheng showed him (which irked some people but what can they do?).

But then again, with the Wind Master's elder brother being the God of Wealth and Fortune, it was only natural for him to be this generous and open-handed.

Indeed, Wind Master Qing Xuan's brother is no other than the Water Master, Shi Wu Du the "Water Tyrant".

"He's not that bad." Qing Xuan said, not wanting her new friend to misunderstand her brother and listen to the rumors. Even if they don't get along perfectly, they were still siblings and loved each other. 

"I understand, lo-lady wind master." Xie Lian said with a nod and a smile which made the other smile gratefully, glad that the prince was different from others who refused to believe her.

'It's not a lie.' He Xuan thought with a hidden glare towards Wu Du. 'That bastard is evil and deserves to die.'

Still, he couldn't help but glance at Qing Xuan who was smiling happily with the crown prince and feel a twist in his gut. 

After descending together, Xie Lian and the Wind Master chatted easily as they walked side by side. Xie Lian crossed his arms as he marveled, "The Pei family is already deemed incredible for having produced two progeny capable of ascending to Heaven. But the fact that you and your brother, the masters of Wind and Water, ascended to the Upper Court together, is truly beyond belief."

Within tens of thousand people, there may not even be one who is capable of ascending. Pei Ming and Pei Su were born several hundred years apart, and Pei Su was not a direct descendant of Pei Ming's, but the great-great-great-great several times removed grandson of one of Pei Ming's younger brothers. Yet Water Master Wu Du and Wind Master Qing Xuan are brothers by blood, a double ascension from one same house. How could it be anything but incredible?