F I F T Y - T H R E E

Thursday, December 15th 20222 2:37PM

"Can you take a second to explain to me why this is necessary," João huffs.

"Do you wanna dance with me tonight or not ?" I ask slightly annoyed.

"Yes, baby, but this is a banquet, not a dance competition, we don't need a routine, you just need to know I can dance," João sighs. "You know that I can, we've been practicing for like an hour," he whines

"I'm the main character around here," I sigh, "I wanna have my Selena Gomez moment like she did in 'another Cinderella story.'

"What ?" João asks confused.

"You've never seen 'another Cinderella story' ?" I ask.

"What ?" He asks again.

I sigh and reach for the remote, but he stops me. "Babe, this was supposed to be a pool day," he sighs, "we're wasting perfect pool time," he complains, "everyone is already in the pool."

"Fine, fine, let's run through it one last time and then we can go," I give in.

"Good girl," he whispers.

"What did I say about that ?" I playfully glare at him.

"That you like it," he winks at me and I roll my eyes.

João and I were currently in my parent's suite, they had gone out with the twins and João's parents had gone out to shop for the banquet. Cris, Cooper, Hugo, Nessa, Mateo, Eva and Alana were out in the pool, while João and I were in the living room area practicing a dance. João was annoyed because I suggested a pool day yesterday and today I have no interest in getting in. It's not that I don't want to get in the pool, it's just that I wanna make sure João knows how to dance.

When we arrived, we had breakfast at a late hour and then helped clean up. We all got dressed for the pool, but before João could get in, I dragged him back inside to dance with me. I don't know how I had been concentrating for the past hour, João is shirtless and just in swimming trunks, we've had our bodies pressed together for the most part so I suppose it helps that I haven't looked at him properly. I don't know how he's been able to concentrate, I'm wearing his shirt that barely covers my ass with my bikini under of course.

I sigh "ready ?"

He only nods and says nothing. We run through the dance one last time and he smiles at me thinking it's finally over.

"Pool time," he cheers.

"Wait," I say, "can we do one more ?"

"Did we mess up ?" He asks.

"Well, no," I sigh, "but I think we'd very much benefit from one more try."

He looks at me and smiles as he begins to walk up to me. I smile at him, this is it, the exact moment I believe I have won. He stops right in front of me and places his hands on my face.

"I love you," he says pulling me in for a kiss.

After we break from the kiss, I open my mouth to tell him that I love him too, but all that is lost in thought when I feel him toss me over his shoulder.

"João, not this again," I whine.

He walks over to the pool deck and heads for the edge, once he reaches the edge, he gently tosses me inside. I swim to the surface to see him cheer in victory.

"Pool day," he says with a huge smile on his face.

I glare at him, "João my shirt."

He makes a face, "technically it's mine... but don't worry, my sugar daddy can get me a new one when she buys me my shoes she soaked the other night," he winks at me and then dives into the pool.