O N E

"Hayes, we're done," I said as I walked out slamming the door of MY house.

Hayes Grier had been my boyfriend since I was 14. We met back during the magcon days, back when I was only 12, and he was 13. I thought I was madly in love with him... perhaps I was right, but things have definitely changed.

Hayes and I met when we both joined magcon... well I joined magcon, he tagged along with his brother Nash who was another member of the group. I liked him since the second I laid eyes on him, but my dad would never allow me to date that young, hell I'm surprised he let me come out to LA for this silly little tour. He wanted me to be a famous football (soccer) player like himself, I loved the sport, and of course I wanted to follow in his footsteps, I was destined to, but my young heart also belonged to the performing arts. When I was reached out to by Cameron Dallas, Aaron Carpenter and Bart Bordelon, I was thrilled, my dad... not so much, he finally agreed when I showed him an academy in Mexico I wanted to be a part of; my father, Bart, the youth Guadalajara femenil coach and I worked out my schedule so I could follow both my dreams: play football and sing.

I love my life, although it is very difficult to maintain. I had school, I decided to do homeschooling since it wouldn't affect my traveling, I was playing with Guadalajara, and I was creating music; with the help of Mrs. Dallas, I also signed up to a dance academy and attended every once in a while. I was thriving, I had the perfect life, perfect family and the perfect friends. Although my dad had been very skeptical about letting me sing, he was very pleased to see I still took football extremely serious, racking up several accolades. The accolades were not just in football, in 2014 I released a single titled "ocean eyes" in 2017, my EP "don't smile at me" and everything went up from there. Dance also became a huge passion of mine, I even met a friend, Francisco Rodriguez or Frankie, my best friend, we won world of dance season 1 together. I've made my dad extremely proud, but I know it kinda bothers him that no one knows I'm his daughter; he had won many championships, many ballon d'ors, many awards, however his children were his biggest trophy. He hid me from the media when I was born because we were both only children, and then I hid him from the media because I didn't want to just be known as his daughter, although now that I think about it, I was being silly because my dad is amazing, not just as a dad, but also on the field.

Hayes and I got extremely close while with magcon, we were inseparable, in 2015 we finally started dating, much to my fathers distaste. Our relationship was perfect, it was a bit difficult due to my constant traveling because of football and singing but he was very supportive at the beginning, often being at my games and shows. Hayes was constantly at my side, except when I went home, he feared my dad, rightfully so though, I was daddy's little girl and my dad didn't like the idea of another man in my life; he didn't want to be competing for my attention, I'd laugh at him but honestly I was so dedicated to Hayes, now that I think about it, I was pathetic. What can I say, I was in love, he supported me through everything: the release of my very first single, the world of dance victory, the release of my EP, the release of my debut album, my sub-20 World Cup win, the release of my second album, and everything in between. Things got extremely difficult for us, however, in late 2017, I moved to England where I began playing for Manchester United, my football career began to take off.

I was playing for one of the best European clubs, thinking about leaving the music behind, but I was too attached. Everything stayed the same: I still went to school, no way in hell my dad would let me drop out, I was still making music, I was in the middle of my debut album when I made the move to Manchester, and I was still playing football; I had made it pretty clear to the fans and the media that football was my priority, I would tour, as long as I was allowed by my sport. As I began blowing up in the music and in the football world my life became incredibly hectic, I didn't even notice until Hayes asked me if we were still even dating; that's when the arguing began. Hayes and I had never really argued, but everything changed when I moved, when I would make time to visit, an argument would always break out, "I was purposely neglecting him," "I was cheating on him," or something else, it seemed like I couldn't get a day of peace with him, I should've seen the red flags then and ran for the hills, but no, young Sofia was blinded by love; also the support, while it definitely diminished, it didn't completely disappear, the major events in my life were still taken into consideration.