E L E V E N

I woke up the next morning to a text from my dad telling me to meet him for breakfast... alone. I huffed rolling out of bed knowing he'd want to discuss what happened last night. I texted him back letting him know I had plans as I walked to the restroom to brush my teeth. I glanced at my phone as it dinged to see a 'None negotiable' text from my dad. I groaned and asked where, once he replied, I quickly got dressed, sent a quick text and headed to the restaurant my dad had told me to meet him at.

I arrive at the restaurant and walk in only to find my dad sitting next to Messi. I sighed as I approached the pair "so you two get to just double team me while I was told to come here alone ?" I asked.

"Don't act so innocent because we both know you didn't come alone," my dad says "who did you invite ?"

"Someone who will most likely take your side, so relax," I say as a brunette with a hat and glasses approaches the table.

"¿ Quien es ?" (Who is it ?) the woman reaches her face with clear intentions to remove her glasses but I stop her.

"Don't," I whispered while the waitress approached us and took our order. "So," I trailed off.

"What happened last night ?" My dad asks.

"Eager aren't we ?" I asked, "I told you, we were catching up."

"Hmm, I can't imagine what you and Gerard Piqué would be catching up about," my dad says, and the woman's interest has been peaked. "When did you two become besties ?"

"Gerard ? What's he told you ?" The woman whispers.

"Shakira ?" Messi asks.

"Louder," I say, "I don't think the restaurant heard you."

"What's she doing here ?" Messi asks.

"Preforming, surprise," she says pulling her glasses down a bit to wink at the men. "What happened ?" She asks me placing her glasses back on her face.

"Nothing," I say.

"I want the truth Sofia," my dad says as he pulls his phone out and shows me the screen which is on a contact.

"Is that supposed to scare me ?" I ask.

"It should," my dad spoke, "if you don't tell me the truth, no more João."

"What ?! You can't ban me from seeing João," I complain.

"Oh I know," he says, "which is why I'll be calling him to tell him to stay away from you," he looks at me.

We maintained eye contact for a bit and I gave in. "Fine," I huff as the waitress dropped off our order. "He wants to fix things, see the kids more," I say once the waitress leaves, "at least that's what he said. I told him to speak to the lawyers and he asked me to just speak to you, very polite at first," I paused, "when I refused, he threatened to tell people who my dad was."

"What ?" Shakira asks.

"I handled it, okay ? Can we all just," I paused, "let it go."

"What'd you tell him ?" Messi asks.

"That his skeletons weren't so locked in the closet, and that if he stole my moment I'd sing like a canary," I explained.

"And what would you tell ?" My dad asks.

"Nothing, I was bluffing" I scoff, "it's not really my place to reveal what I do know."

"What do you know ?" Messi asks.

"Besides the stuff with Isabel, he's a dick to the Kings league crew, sometimes the jokes about him aren't so sarcastic, and the fact that Barcelona sold you on his account," I tell them.