F O U R T E E N

Monday, November 21, 2022 6:15 AM

João dragged me out of bed this morning and onto the field... quite literally. I wanted to crawl into a hole and cry, I had no desire of going to practice because since the boys woke my dad up last night he'd be drilling us until we dropped; here we were now, heavy breathing and exhausted just a couple minutes into practice.

"Daddy can we take a break PLEASE," I cried.

"Sofi, we just started," he argued.

"But I'm tired," I groaned.

"Maybe you guys shouldn't have been out late last night," he says and I give him a look.

"Well maybe," I say looking over at João and signaling him to trip Ruben, he nods in understanding, "dumb and dumber shouldn't have woken you up," I finish tripping Gonçalo while João tripped Ruben and we laugh getting ready to run again. We continued to work on our running for a few more minutes, and then ran some drills for about an hour.

After practice, we made our way back to the hotel room and I showered. When I got out of the bathroom, I was shocked to find the room empty. I walked over to the adjoining door between mine and João's room and walked in.

"Nice shirt," Ruben says "are you watching at the stadium ?"

"Thank you, yeah, I promised Bellingham I would, are you ?" I ask.

He nods "yeah, I'll go with you, is that his shirt ?"

"Yeah," I smile, "is this boy still not out ?" I ask.

"Nah, he let me shower first," Ruben says.

"Makes sense," I nod plopping down on Ruben's bed.

"No, go lay on your boyfriend's bed," he says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm already comfortable here," I huff.

"Are you guys actually dating ?" He whispers rolling over to me.

"No," I whisper back.

"What are you waiting for ?" He asks, back at a normal volume.

"I believe that's a question for him," I laugh raising an eyebrow.

"What are you guys talking about ?" João asks stepping out of the bathroom in just shorts, oh god.

"Breakfast," Ruben says subtly winking at me and I smile.

"Right, you get dressed," I tell João "and I'll go get Cris, Cooper and Hugo."

"What about the rest of your friends ?" Ruben asks.

"They're all kinda doing their own thing," I say.

"Fair enough, I'll see if any of the guys wanna go," he says and I nod walking out of their room.

"Good morning Mati," Cris says passing me on the hall.

"Oh Cris, good morning," I reply, "I was just coming to get you, you want to have breakfast with us ?"

"Sure," he says.

"Cool, get dressed and wait with Ruben and João, I'm gonna go get Hugo and Cooper," I tell him and continue on my way.

I take the elevator to Coop and Hugo's floor, I head for Hugo's door and knock letting him know we'd head out to breakfast soon.

"Give me five minutes," he says popping his head out while I unlock Cooper's door. I open the door to find Cooper ready for the day in a mirror trying to draw something on his neck.

"You have 15," I tell Hugo walking over to Cooper.

"Help me," he says holding out the eyeliner pencil for me to take. Cooper often draws out cool images on his neck with waterproof makeup as temporary tattoos until he gets a neck tattoo. I sit there and help him draw some spider web and a spider.