F I F T Y - S E V E N

5:00PM  T H I R D P L A C E P L A Y - O F F

C R O A T I A V S F R A N C E

We're barely in the first few minutes of the game, but so far, Croatia has majority control, they're applying intense pressure on the French. In the 7th minute, Croatia manages a goal and Croatian fans are out of their seats cheering. France being the tough competitors they are manage a goal just two minutes after. France stays in the game and the stadium erupts in cheers.

"That's crazy," I say.

"Back to back goals from opposite teams," Cooper says in disbelief.

"And in the first few minutes," Cris adds.

"Looks like France is playing defense," Hugo says as we watch France keep to themselves on their side not allowing Croatia an opening.

We continue watching on as Croatia is incredibly dominant. It's not surprising that a team like Croatia is dominating, but their opponent is France, an equally dominant team.

"Croatia might take it," Hugo says, just as the words leave his mouth, Croatia celebrates another goal.

"Yeah," I agree.

In the 42nd minute, Croatia finally manages to make it past France and score one more goal. We watch on for the remainder of the first half and finally the ref blows the whistle calling time.

"I have no words," Nessa says.

"Neither do I," I sigh.

"Have you seen what Portugal posted ?" Cooper asks scrolling through Instagram.

I take out my phone to look at the photos. "I like this photo of dad," I say smiling at my phone.

"Have you thought about... you know, letting the whole world know ?" Cris asks.

"Yeah, I thought about doing like a post, but I don't know, it might be tacky," I say liking the post. "Oh man, who is the man on the third slide," I joke, "he's kinda..."

"I think he has a girlfriend," João says.

"Damn, and here I wanted to shoot my shot," I laugh, João laughs with me and kisses my forehead.

"Ew," Nessa says, "what do you mean tacky ?"

"I don't know, I just think it'd be better if I did it like in person," I say, "if that even makes sense. I guess I was just planning to make it known at the final," I shrug.

"You're seriously gonna go public with João before going public about dad ?" Cris asks, "I thought you'd finally do it," he says looking over Coopers shoulder and seeing my comments on the post from Portugal.

I sigh knowing he's right. I see that my dad replied to my comment where I ask someone to give João my number. "Just gave him your number," I read my dad's comment out loud.

"Your dad just actually sent me your number," João says and I laugh.

I laugh and decide to reply to his comment 'daddio, wingman of the year,' I type out and post it.