T H I R T Y - S I X

I look through my jersey bag to find a Cristiano Jersey to wear since it was his turn, but I can't find a single one.

"What are you looking for ?" Cooper asks.

"A Cristiano jersey but I can't find any," I groan.

"Just wear a João one," Hugo shrugs.

"I wore one last game, I'm alternating, so it's my dad's turn," I say.

"Dad will survive if you wear João's jersey twice in a row," Cris says.

I groan as I take the jersey and walk into the bathroom to change. I walk out ready to go and notice all of them are wearing a Cristiano jersey. I glare at them all.

"You guys stole all of them ?!" I ask, "I had more than four though."

"They're hidden somewhere," Cooper says. "It was Hugo's idea."

"Ugh you people are annoying," I roll my eyes, "let's go."

We head over to the stadium and when we arrive we go our separate ways. They all wish me luck and head up to their seats with Gio and the rest of my siblings.

I take a deep breath gathering myself and pushing everything besides football down, I needed to be focused on this game. Today was Portugal's round of 16s match, they were facing Switzerland. I was making my way over to the locker room since I'd be singing, and then sitting on the bench with the players. When I arrived, I knock on the door of Portugal's locker room, letting them know it was me, I waited until I got the all clear and walked in.

"Where's Félix ?" I asked as I scanned the room for him.

"He couldn't find his jersey," Bernardo says, "he went to go see if they had any at the shop." (AN || I'm aware player and fan jerseys are different)

"What do you mean he can't find his jersey ?" I ask them.

"Well he has his jersey, just the wrong one," Nuno tells me.

"Idiot," I mumble to myself as he walks back into the locker room with a bummed face.

"No luck ?" My dad asks lifting his head from his hands as João walks in disappointed. Knowing what I know now, I feel terrible, and although his comment from last nigh hurt, I wanna end this and make things right between us. I want to speak to him but I don't know what'd be worse, speaking to him before the match or not speaking to him until after.

"None," he shakes his head disappointedly.

"Everyone under the tunnel, we're out in 5," Roberto Martinez tells the players. They all start heading out as they turn to glance at João with sorry looks. Before my dad can make his way out I reached for his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, whispering a "talk later," he nodded and was out with the rest of the players.

"Great, one of the biggest matches of my career and I won't get to play, and I'm supposed to be in the starting lineup," he huffs out angrily as he sits down on one of the benches placing his head in his hands.

I wait for all the players to exit the room. Once the door shuts I make my way over to him.

"Stand up," I command and he does as he's told.

I begin taking off the jersey I was wearing, the one he desperately needed to be a part of this game. I may be mad at him, but I would never sit back and watch him miss a game for something as stupid as this, especially not when I could change his luck.

"Take off your shirt," I tell him as he just stands there starting at me.

"I don't think I can go out there with a Cristiano Jersey, thanks for trying to help though," he says.