T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Monday, November 28, 2022

My friends and I skipped the first two games because we weren't too interested in them, but there was no chance I was missing the Brazil game again. I was currently in my room with a Cris, Nessa, Kai, Sophia, Frankie, and Cooper getting ready for the Brazil game. Portugal was playing after so everyone decided to have a spare jersey to change into for that game, it was either a Portugal jersey, or an Uruguay one.

We finished getting ready and headed towards the stadium. When we arrived at the stadium, we made our way to the box my family would be in for the Portugal game, since we could take those seats now and waited for the game to commence. Hugo arrived just before the game begun to join us.

6:00PM B R A Z I L V S S W I T Z E R L A N D

In the first half so far, Brazil has had several chances to score but has just fallen short because the goal keeper is on it and center back Nico Elvedi has had some great saves already. Halftime approached, and us football players discussed what Brazil had to do in order to score, we all agreed that Rodrygo had to come in.

After halftime, Rodrygo was subbed in on the 46th minute while we had to say goodbye to Paquetá. In the next few minutes, there were some more changes, and a yellow card handed to a player on each team due to fouls. In the 64th minute, Vini scores with an assist from Casimiro, but two minutes later, it is revoked due to bad placement on Richarlison's part.

"That wasn't an offside was it ?" Cooper asks. Ever since João taught him the offside rule, he's been very engaged trying to pinpoint offside goals.

"Well no, but," I start as the replay begins and I point at the screen. "Richarlison is in an offside position," I sigh.

"But he didn't even touch the ball, let alone score," Cooper says confused.

"He technically was involved in the play," João explains catching my attention.

"What are you doing here ?" I ask, "aren't you supposed to be in the locker room ?"

"Yeah," he nods, "so are you though, I was sent to get you," he shrugs.

I roll my eyes and sigh waving goodbye to my friends, and walking out of the room towards the viewing room with João following behind.

"Can we talk ?" He asks catching up to me.

"I'd rather not," I groan, speed walking to the room.

"Please," he pulls my arm back.

"I have nothing to say to you," I yank my arm out of his grasp.

"Then listen, because I have so much I want to say to you," he pleads.

"No, não, no," I smile. "In English, Portuguese and Spanish in case you didn't understand," I say continuing to walk.

"Vai, vai, vai," I hear a few Brazilian fans chant and turn my attention the the field.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL," the crowd cheers on Casimiro as he puts Brazil in the lead.

After celebrating Casimiro's goal, João and I continued on our way. I walked through the door of the viewing room and he pulled me back.

"We're in the locker room, everyone is ready to go, I just need my boots," he says zipping his jacket down to reveal he's ready to go.

"Okay we'll I need to change," I say and he points me in the direction of the bathroom. 

I go into the bathroom to change and walk out to see João is waiting for me and I roll my eyes. Why can't this man just take a hint, I don't know how many times I have to tell him I don't want to be around him for it to stick.