F O U R T Y - S E V E N

"What is it ?" Kaká asks.

"Nothing, Nothing," I say and the phone begins to ring. "Fuck," I sigh seeing it's me.

"Hello ?" I say taking the call.

"Hey, it's Hayes, you must've grabbed my phone by accident at the restaurant," he said

"Umm, yeah, I hadn't noticed," I lie, "I'm at the stadium, right in the parking lot if you wanna switch now," I say. "Sorry."

"It's fine, don't sweat it," he said, "I'll be right over. It was so hard to call you, Siri doesn't listen to me."

I laugh, "shall I wait for you here ?" I ask.

"Head inside, I'm at my hotel, I'll probably stop by the game so we can watch it together ?" He says hopeful.

"It's best if we don't, my dad will have a complete fit if he sees us together," I say, "let me know when you're here, so we can switch phones."

"Will do, my password is still your birthdate, just so you know," he says.

"Only thing I'll use your phone is to be in contact with you to get mine back, I have no interest in looking through your stuff," I lie, "besides, I want to enjoy the game.

"Fair enough," he says, "I'll see you soon."

We hang up and Kaká and I head inside. On our way to our seats, I explain everything to him and he seems to calm down a bit.

"So what'd you find on his phone ?" He asks.

"What he's blackmailing the girl with, he probably wants to release her nudes or something," I roll my eyes.

"And what are his chances of doing it with zero repercussions ?" He asks.

"Zero," I smile at him, "some of these were taken when she was a minor... meaning it's considered child porn."

"What ?" He asks.

"Careful who you trust," I sigh.

"You never ?" He asks.

"Never," I say knowing exactly what he's asking.

We meet up with everyone else and take our seats.

"I got it," I tell my friends who are looking at me with such interest.

"You fucking G," Nessa said running up to me.

"Janessa, watch the language," my dad said.

"Sorry," she laughed.

"What's he hiding ?" She asks.

'Nudes,' I mouth to them.

"What ?" Cooper asks.

"He cheated on me with her," I laugh.

João's dad looks at him confused.

"Not me," João says panicked, "her ex," he clarifies.

"I wasn't even his type," I laugh stepping closer to my friends and out of earshot of João's parents... I don't want them to get the wrong impression of me.

"What does he want from you ?" Gio asks.

"To get back together," I shake my head.

"You told him you're seeing someone right ?" My dad asks.

"Not exactly," I sigh.

"She can't, he's psycho," Hugo says. "He was tracking her location with an AirTag."

"This is news to me," my dad says.

"Because I knew you'd freak out," I sigh.

"Rightfully so," Gio says.