F I F T E E N

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

6:30AM

I went to sleep right after dinner last night, therefore I wasn't too tired and was able to wake up early for practice. Portugal and I were currently on the field warming up for practice. Like yesterday, we ran several laps, and ran some drills; since we behaved last night and no one bothered my dad while he was sleeping or trying to, he didn't push us past our limit today which was good because we were super sore from yesterday.

After practice, we headed to the hotel to shower. I changed into my Dybala jersey because Argentina was playing against Saudi Arabia soon. I let João borrow my Messi jersey and went to get Hugo and Cooper so we can meet the guys in the lobby.

Once we all arrived at the lobby, we grabbed a quick bite at the hotel's Cafe, and headed towards the stadium. We arrived at the stadium about 10 minutes before kickoff.

12:00PM A R G E N T I N A V S S A U D I

The match kicks off and in the first couple minutes in, Argentina is awarded a penalty.

"Vamos Leo," (let's go Leo) I clap as Messi steps up to take the penalty. "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL" the crowd screams celebrating Messi's first goal in this World Cup.

After several offsides from Argentina and many attempts to score from both teams, the first half was over. "It's hard to compliment Saudi Arabia, because they're not really what you would call a strong team, and they haven't scored, but what the fuck is going on with Argentina, what a shit first half," I say aloud not really expecting a response.

"But Argentina has scored like 4 times," Cooper states. Bless him, I think it's starting to show that he's here only for me because this man knows nothing about this sport.

"Three of those were offsides babe," I explain.

"What are offsides ?" He asks.

I groan, "Coop, I love you man, but we both know you're here because of me and not because you're a fan of the sport, I'm not explaining offsides to you."

"Okay, so offsides are," I hear João tell Cooper as I begin a conversation about the first half with Hugo and Cris.

After I hear João explain to Cooper what offsides are for like the 3rd time, the players begin to come out to the field for the second half. "Thank you João, now that I know a little more about the sport, I can enjoy the games a little more and not be told that I only came here for Sofia," he says as the whistle is blown.

In the first few minutes of the second half, Saudi Arabia ties Argentina with the score being 1-1. A few minutes after Saudi's first goal, they score again, the score now being in their favor. After a few more failed attempts to score from Argentina's end, the game ends in favor of Saudi Arabia, what a comeback.

S C O R E : A R G E N T I N A S A U D I A R A B I A
1 2

"What the fuck," I say realizing Argentina just lost to Saudi Arabia.

"Are we watching the next game here ?" Hugo asks.

"I'm hungry," Cris says.

"We can grab food here if you guys want," I suggest.

"Who plays next ?" João asks.

"Tunisia and Denmark," I reply.

"Oh fuck that, let's go eat somewhere, we can watch the game at a restaurant or something," Hugo says and I laugh. "I don't mean to be rude, but we're not really here for those countries and I want a good meal."