T H I R T Y - F O U R

9:00PM B R A Z I L V S S O U T H K O R E A

We've been sitting in our seats for like 10 minutes waiting for the game to begin and it finally seems to be starting.

"Eyes on Vini, eyes on vini," I say.

"That's Neymar," Cooper says.

"Vini looks ready for the assist," Hugo says.

He is, what an assist from Neymar. Brazil fans are on their feet celebrating quite the goal from Vinícius JR.

"Sof, you're lucky they weren't on World of Dance with you, they'd wipe the floor with you and Frankie," Cooper jokes as a few of the players dance to celebrate the goal.

3 minutes after Vini's goal, Richarlison is brought down in the box earning a penalty for Brazil. Neymar steps up to take the penalty and we get to celebrate another goal. Brazil is not done, in the 29th minute, 16 minutes after their last goal, it's Richarlison this time, the score is now 3-0 in Brazil's favor.

"Everyone is on it," Mason points out.

"Vintage Brazil," Cris agrees.

Not even a full 10 minutes after their last goal, it's Lucas Paquetá, the score is now 4-0.

"Awww look at him do his little dance," I smile.

"And you guys struggled to beat that ?" Cooper asks João.

"I didn't play that game," he shrugs, "but even if I did, I probably wouldn't have performed well considering I had heard some shitty news and was trying to deliver it to other ears before lies were spewed at them. I was too late anyway," there was a pause, "isn't that right Sofia ?"

"What ?" I ask, "what are you talking about ?"

"Oh wouldn't you like to know," he smiles to himself. "It's halftime, why don't we take a walk and talk about it."

This is it, I finally can talk to him and everything can get cleared up. I think about it for a second and then remember unknown. "Pass," I say, "I don't think I care." Lies, of course I care.

I watch him slump down in his chair and roll his eyes. I think about texting him and apologizing but decide against it because he'll want to know everything and I just can't, not right now. I need answers.

Ding

Unknown

Unknown: Good.

Me: Where the hell are you ?!

Unknown: I can't say.
Not yet, but you're doing good.
He seems pleased.

Me: He ?!
He who ?!
Hayes ?!

The second half begins shortly and I'm left with my head spinning. Why can't they just answer one fucking question ?! I'm so done. I just have to power through a couple more hours, then I'll know the truth.

The second half is kind of a blur to me considering I'm focused on other things. This isn't fair, they're ruining my experience. I remember coming out of my trance when I heard loud boos when Korea scored, and then I went right back. Just now, I was snapped back out by the whistle of the referee.

S C O R E:   B R A Z I L     S O U T H   K O R E A
                             4                                1

"Sofía can you drive me back to the hotel ?" Mount asks. "But can I drive ?"

"No you cannot drive my car," I say, "but I will take you," I smile at him.