E I G H T Y - F O U R

João's POV

"Oh my god, best day ever," Cristiano cheered as we walked over to the car.

"I'm glad you had fun," I smile at him.

"I'll admit, I felt bad because I didn't play with Hugo today," he says, "but spending the day driving a helicopter is much more fun than playing FIFA... don't tell him I said that."

I laugh, "your secret is safe with me."

"Don't get me wrong, I love playing with Hugo, my point is, it's good to pause the game for a day and get lost in an adventure," he smiles at me.

"You ready to head home ?" I ask as we get into the car.

"Yeah, what do you think Sofia made for dinner ?" He asks.

"How do you know your sister made dinner ?" I ask.

"You asked if I wanted to go out or stay in," he shrugs, "and you were asking my favorite foods."

I laugh, "and you say my family isn't subtle," he says.

"You guys must be rubbing off on me," I joke, "can you ask her if she needs us to pick up anything from the store, please."

I watch him as he pulls his phone out of his pocket to text her. "So, when are you proposing ?" He asks.

"I thought you didn't want to talk about your sister," I said.

"You brought her up," he jokes.

"Sometime this year," I say.

"Mhm," he hums, "can I see the ring ? Or is it in Portugal ?"

"No, I have it," I tell him.

"Oh please don't tell me you've left it at home," he says with a worried expression. "Sofia has probably found it by now, tell me you weren't stupid enough to leave it there."

"So little faith," I say opening the center console, where the small box with the ring was.

"Rightfully so," he says reaching his hand to retrieve the box, "you can't just leave this around."

"I didn't, that's why it's here," I say in a duh tone as he looks at the ring.

"And you expect Sofia never to find it here ?" He asks.

"It's not like she's actively looking for it," I shrug.

"You, my friend, are delusional," he says putting the ring back in the center console. "It's very beautiful though."

"You think she's looking for it ?" I ask.

"I know she is," he says, "I know my sister."

"Where am I supposed to hide it ?" I asks, "house might be big, but it's not like she doesn't know every inch of her home."

"Take it back to Portugal," he shrugs, "or you can leave it with me, when you both go to England, but you'll have to come back and pick it up when she comes to Madrid though."

"What about now ?" I ask, "is the ring safe in the house ?"

"Park in the garage, leave the ring here, I'll come get it later," he tells me and I nod. "Also Sof says she doesn't need anything."

I continue driving home and when we arrive, as instructed by Cris, I parked in the garage. We both got out and headed inside.

"Honey, we're home," I call out as we step foot in the house.

"In the kitchen," she says, "dinner is almost ready, you two wash up.

We both head inside to greet her, retreating to get ready for dinner. Sofia walks upstairs a few minutes after to get ready herself. "Cris, set the table for me please," She shouts.

Mr. Brightside || João Félix On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara