Chapter 57

Third POV.

"Dad, why did you send someone to call me here?" a young man asked as he walked in.

"How is everything at the organisation?" the old man seated behind the desk asked.

"Everything is fine," he said after a few minutes of silence.

"Why were you silent? Don't tell me that you are thinking about going against me just the way your uncle did. You better do what I ask for you. We both know that you aren't my only child so I can decide anyone to take the position from me when I am ready to retire," he warned.

"But dad, haven't I always done what you ask of me? Now you are telling me that you are changing your decision about me been the leader?" The young man asked loudly. Anger evident in his tone.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me, young man. You better remember who you are talking to! I am your father!" Elijah snapped.

"Don't give me that bullshit. You are just a greedy old man who only wants a big piece of a pie that he can get his hands own. May I should remind you that it was Victor who raised me. You abandon mother and I on the streets cause your mistress came from a rich family which could finance you," the man said while smiling.

Hearing this, Elijah was taken back to the old days where he did everything for greed. He killed his father who used to tortured him and his brother and forced them into having sex with women of all age. The man was greedy that he didn't want to retire from his position as the Russian mafia don. He remembered how James, Lorenzo and Ace were his friends without knowing that he was a spy sent by his father to befriend them. He remembered how he broke their trust and turned them into his enemies after they helped him dethrone his father just because he saw that they were more prosperous and powerful than him. He hated doing dirty work but because of greed and desire to be more powerful than them, he engaged in illegal business and even human trafficking. Thinking of this, he felt pain on his chest but later shook it off since he knew what what supposed of him.

"You are everyone's enemy, dad. I am the only one on your side and you know it," the young man spoke when he saw his father lost in thoughts and he didn't know what the old man was thinking about.

"You talk of I been greed and you forget that you are just like me, son. Isn't that the reason as to why you tried getting rid of your so called childhood friends or should I say sisters?" Elijah said with a smirk on his face.

"I wish that uncle didn't take them from the streets. I have always thought that they didn't pose any threat to me. That uncle will leave the organisation to be but he left it to those two stupid homeless girls," the guy said.

"And here I thought that you are the most clever to all my children but it turns our that you are just as stupid as they are," Elijah said.

"Why are you comparing me to those bastards?" the man asked angrily making Elijah chuckle.

"Max, you are stupid. Did you always think that Victor didn't know who you are? That you are my son that he will leave everything to you? He had always known who you are. In fact, that was the reason he took you from the streets, it was because he couldn't see his nephew dying of hunger on the streets," Elijah said.

"Then that's more reason to leave everything to me. I am his family but those bastards aren't," Max snapped.

Shaking his head, Elijah said, " He knows that I was ordering you. How could he let his hard work to fall in my hands when I refused to share everything I have with him in past? We may be related by blood but we were always enemies. Furthermore, do you think that he would just leave everything he owes to those girls without a reason?"