Chapter 44

Adrianna POV.

"I thought that Lily was your best friend and that you would do anything for her and want to spend time with her?" I asked with amusement.

"She is so proud. Honestly I wonder how will.she be when she gets money," she said and I chuckled.

"Have you finished packing?" I asked.

"Just shut up you lazy being," she said.

"Hei, I am not. I would have packed but I was in a hurry to leave that place so you can't blame me," I said.

"Lies," she said.

"Think whatever you want to think. It is your brain and you are allowed," I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"Almost," she answered my question finally.

"Okay," I am going to just room.

I went to my room and found that my items were already packed. Ooh, I told Lilly to pack them when I went to the Italian's mansion. I laid back and started scrolling out my phone. I was looking for a house to buy. Either, penthouse, apartments or mansion.

I saw one but it was kind of a mansion but not so big. I asked Ivy and she also liked it. I bought it and that is where we were going to be living.

I helped Ivy to get her things out to the pickups. As well as doing that work, Lilly walked in and I wondered where she was coming from. I looked at Ivy and saw that she had the same expression that I had.

"Ooh, hae Adrianna. I didn't know that you were coming today," she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Where are you from?" I asked coldly, making her flinch. She may be Maria's daughter but she is so annoying.

"I…I…" She shattered and looked confused about what she would say. She looked at Ivy for help but Ivy shrugged her making me internally chuckle.

"Anyways, that is not my problem," I said and I saw her breathing out.

"We are leaving," I said.

"What? Where are we going?" She asked.

"We are….us, not you," Ivy said and I looked at her with amusement. When did she start being rude to her?

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Ivy and I are leaving. You should go back home now," I said calmly.

"Are you firing me? Is it because I came late? I'm sorry," she said worriedly.

"Look, no one is firing you, okay? I just want to spend time with my sister alone," I said, trying my best not to be irritated. I saw Ivy looking at me with curiosity and amusement.

"Can't I accompany you guys? I am also your sister," she said.

Can't she see that I am really trying my best not to snap at her?

"Look, I don't want to sound rude but you aren't my sister. I only have one sister and that is Ivy. Get that in your thick skull," I said coldly and she flinched.

"Don't worry. You will still get paid nonetheless. I am not heartless," I said.

She looked at me with a puzzled look and at Ivy with a pained look.

"I thought that I was also your sister, your best friend. Are you okay with leaving me?" She asked Ivy and I looked into my eyes.

"Look, I only have one sister and one best friend. It was fun staying with you but I have also missed my sister. You are talking as if we ain't coming back ever," Ivy said.

"I don't trust her," she said while looking at me and I laughed.

"Who said that I need you to trust me?" I asked and she turned away.

"Then don't, if you can't trust her then don't also trust me," Ivy said coldly. Lily has seen Ivy talking like that to other people but not at her so she was shocked.

"Can you go and bring my stuff to the pickups," she said with the same tone leaving no space for arguments.

Looking at Lily, I knew that she wanted to talk but she was too afraid to face Ivy's wrath. Her tears were threatening to escape. She is strong, I can give her that.

"Okay," she whispered before running upstairs.

After we finished packing, we drove off. We weren't leaving L.A, we still had Victor's businesses to run. It was an hour drive to the east. I bet from Ace's mansion, it is two hours so that's a long distance.

"So will you tell me what happened?" She asked and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Why couldn't you have asked while we were driving?" I asked her.

"Cause I wanted to see the house first and I have now seen it," she said.

"Let us just unpack then I will tell you," I said.

Thank God Max sent some of our men to help us. When we arrived, they took the boxes to the house. I walked towards the house. It was magnificent and I was already in love with it.

"So will you tell me what happened?" She asked when we finished the tour.

"I fucked with Ace," I said.

"What?" She screamed. "Tell me how was it? Was it good?" She asked.

I told her everything that happened.

Did I feel bad? I don't know.
Was everything we did a mistake? I really don't know who I was trying to convince between Vincenzo and I.

"Why do you think they wanted you two to date?" She asked.

"I honestly don't know. Before that, I wanted to ask you to find out but I was too tired so I didn't," I said.

"Ooh. We will find out because there is something fishy about that," she said and I nodded my head.

"At least this house has an office next to each bedroom," I said.

"I know and it is very huge, at least my electronics will fit in well," she said with a smile and I returned the smile.

"Let me go and get my technologies out of the boxes and arrange them," I said.

"Can't you do that tomorrow?" she asked.

"Yes, I can but if they stay there, I won't know when Ivan is calling," I said.

"You are really close with that kid," she said and I nodded my head before answering her.

"Yes, that I am," I said.

I walked to my room. It was painted in blue while the office was painted in black and grey but the couches were all white while the furnitures were brown.  and got my things out. Even though I left them, I will still look out for them. In that short period, I have come to love them as my own family. No matter how stubborn and rude I was, they still tolerated me and showered me with love. I will never forget them.

Now that I think about it, I was trying to convince myself that what happened yesterday was a mistake. It was actually a beautiful night and I really enjoyed it but there is no way I am going to admit that out loud.

I went to the bathroom and showered so that I could get ready and sleep. I still don't know how I am not tired even after carrying all of those boxes.

1217 words.
07/08/2023.