Chapter 27

Ace POV.

I took her to the basement when we arrived home. I had drugged her so that means that I have tomorrow hours before she wakes up. After tying her up, I walked back to the mansion. They were all shocked to see me. I guess they expected me not to be back very soon.

"What are you doing here?" Mom asked.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a mission?" Dad asked and I nodded my head.

"Yes, I am. We already went," I answered.

"But how fast?" Mark asked.

"When we got there, the hostages were nowhere to be seen," I said.

"Are you sure that you were given the right location?" Abigail asked.

"Yes, there were signs of hostages in the basement," I said.

"Then who informed them that you were going to rescue them?" Mom asked, seeming to be thinking. I knew for a fact that they think that we have a mole in our family.

"Adrianna is working for Elijah," I said after a few minutes of silence.

"What!" Abigail and Mark shouted.

"Son, are you sure about that?" Dad asked.

"I met her there. We know that we have benefits to each other and that she hacks our system so it wouldn't be a surprise if she knew that we were going there," I explained.

"I don't think so," mom said.

"Me too," Abigail said.

"I drugged her. She is in the basement. I will try to get some answers from her," I said and they all nodded their heads.

"But be careful. We don't want a war with the mafia she works with. You have witnessed that for yourself," dad said and I nodded my head before leaving.

I walked into my office trying to find something that will prove to me that she has nothing to do with the escape of the hostages.

After burying myself in paperwork, I saw that her two hours were already coming to an end. I walked towards the basement and got into the cell where she was held up. Later on, I could see her body moving and I knew that she was about to wake up. Her head moved in all directions, but since I was in a dark area, she could not see me but I sensed that there was someone because she stopped loving and stayed. Maybe she realised that she won't be able to escape.

"Why did you kidnap me?" She asked and I was shocked that she knew that I was the one in the cell but that would not make me forget the main reason as to why I am here in the first place.

"Maybe because I had promised that I would get to you?" I asked instead of answering her question.

"Cut the crap Vincenzo," she said angrily but I could care less.

"It's done to you," I said and I could see her rolling her eyes.

"I don't follow orders," she said courageously.

"Are you willing to answer my questions?" I asked.

"Depends on what you will ask," she answered boldly.

"What were you doing in the Russian mafia warehouse?" I asked her hoping that she does not work with Elijah. I don't want her to be my enemy. Yes, she is but I am intrigued by her.

"Ooh please, what were you also doing there?" She asked with a smirk. She was playing a dangerous game and I hope she knew that.

"Wrong answer. I really don't want to hurt you, Adrianna. So you better cooperate with me," I said with worry. I didn't want to hurt her. She was so beautiful and I didn't want you to fill it with scars.

"You should not worry about me, don," she said.

I stood still, shocked that she addressed me as don. I wanted her to call me that, to respect me like the others or even maybe to submit to me but now, I don't know what I feel and want after hearing her addressing me by that name.

"Does that mean that I can torture some answers from you?" I asked hoping that she could deny it and just give me answers to the questions I am asking her.

"If you think that torturing me will give you the answers you want then fine. You can torture me but I am not promising you that I will talk. Actually, if I get out of here, you will be declared my enemy and you will always have to watch your back and you're men's," she said.

Wait, did she threaten not only me but my mafia? Does she want to get herself killed? I was so blinded by anger that I walked towards the switch and switched on the lights, making her close her eyes due to the sudden brightness in the room. I walked towards a table at the corner and took a dagger.

"Now you better start talking," I said.

"Do you think that a dagger or a gun can make me afraid of you? I use them don, they are my best friends,"sheI said.

I had no objection to that cause I have seen her in action twice.

"Then I guess you are asking for it," I said as I walked closer to her. "What were you doing in the Russian warehouse?"

I waited for her answer but she did not give me any, so I stabbed her thigh.She averted her gaze from me to her wrist. Maybe she is looking for her watch. When we found her in the warehouse, I suspected that the car in the woods was hers therefore, I took the watch from her wrist and kept it in her car.

"Ocean by Khalid," she said and I looked at her confusingly.

Here I am trying to get answers from her but she is telling me songs sung by Khalid? Is she crazy?  I asked her the question once more but she wasn't giving any attention to me.

1000 words.
01/06/2023.