Chapter 26

Adrianna POV.

My head was aching and my eyes were struggling to open. I tried to move my hands but unfortunately, they were tied to a chair. I was sitting in a dark room, I could barely see who or what was around me but I knew I wasn't alone. I could feel the presence of others and I could hear them breathing. I tried to free myself but it was useless. I wasn't tied in ropes. I had some sort of cable around my wrist as well as the arms of the chair. It was impossible for me to break free. The cable was probably made of steel and the chair was definitely not wooden.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I asked, hoping it was Ace.

"Maybe because I had promised that I would get to you?" He asked instead of answering.

"Cut the crap Vincenzo," I said angrily.

"It's done to you," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't follow orders," I said.

"Are you willing to answer my questions?" He asked.

"Depends on what you will ask," I answered.

"What were you doing in the Russian mafia warehouse?" He asked.

"Ooh please, what were you also doing there?" I asked with a smirk. There was no way I was going to tell him what I was doing there. I can't risk it.

"Wrong answer. I really don't want to hurt you, Adrianna. So you better cooperate with me," he said with worry evident in his tone.

"You should not worry about me, don," I said bitterly.

There was silence after that and I knew that he was shocked by the name I addressed him with. I couldn't care less. If he kidnapped me, that means that he thinks I'm working with Elijah. Not that I blame him for that, but I expected much better from him.

"Does that mean that I can torture some answers from you?" He asked.

"If you think that torturing me will give you the answers you want then fine. You can torture me but I am not promising you that I will talk. Actually, if I get out of here, you will be declared my enemy and you will always have to watch your back and you're men's," I said. I know that I am threatening the whole mafia but I didn't care.

That seemed to anger him cause he switched on the lights making me close my eyes due to the adjustment. I saw him walking towards a table at the corner and took a dagger.

"Now you better start talking," he said.

"Do you think that a dagger or a gun can make me afraid of you? I use them don, they are my best friends," I said.

"Then I guess you are asking for it," he said as he came close to me. "What were you doing in the Russian warehouse?"

I rolled my eyes on him which only answered him because he stabbed my thigh. I won't say that it wasn't painful because it was. I decided to avert my attention from him. I looked at my wrist and saw that the watch was not there. Guess they got rid of it.

"Ocean by Khalid," I said.

I felt his eyes on me but I didn't look at him. Being brought up with my technology, I have a microchip inside my body which prevents obstacles or my commands. I am the one who invented it and I am the only one who can control it. It is connected to one of my laptops. After saying that, the song started playing in my ears. I looked around the room and saw that it had a window but it was after the top. There was a bird which was there and it made me smile.

"Chip."

"Chip."

"Chip."

I started calling to it and it looked in my direction. This made my smile widen. I nodded my head at it and it found a way to get in.