Chapter 55

Adrianna POV.

"I think you were right," I told her before feeding Jasmine and taking a bite of my pancake.

"What do you mean I was right? Why can't you just go direct to the point instead of beating around the bush?" she asked angrily.

"My dear sister, why can you see a bush in our house?" I asked as I chuckled making her groan.

"Adrianna!" she yelled making me glare at her as I closed my child's ears cause who knows when she will be turned to a deaf cause of Ivy's daily shoutings.

"Can you stop shouting for goodness sake?" I asked as I took a breathe.

"Sorry. Can you know tell me what do you mean by your sentence?" she asked more softly this time as she looked at Jasmine to see whether she is been affected with how she is talking.

"On that day, Max was not at the organisation headquarters," I said as I looked at my food.

"What? Now how are we going to find out who the mole is?" she asked in a low tone as if she is in low spirits.

"Idiot. You know, sometimes I find you clever others stupid. Who said we don't have an idea who it is?" I asked feeling agitated.

"No we don't maybe you do. Can you kindly tell me since I can't get your point?" she asked.

One thing I love about Ivy is that she always asks where she doesn't understand. That is how she git to why she is right now. She is not among the geniuses but slow learners. Her own determinations and hard work made her to be more successful in the ruthless industry we are in.

"Who called us that day to tell us that Ace have found us?" I asked.

After some seconds, she looked up at me before saying, "Max was the one who told us so."

"Exactly and we all know the organisations rules. The spies have to contact the headquarter's offices not someone in person and if its something which is emergency, they should call our working cellphones. So, how did Max get in contact with the spy in the Italian mafia if he wasn't in the office?" I asked after explaining my theory.

"What if the spy contacted him using his cellphone?" she asked making me shake my head in disagreement.

"That can't be the case. If what you are saying is true that means that the spy is working for Max since he isn't following the organisations rules. He is supposed to report immediately to the office or the high ups which are us. Max is a nobody in the organisation," I said.

"So you are saying, if it is true that the information which he gave us truly came from the spy who we sent in the Italian mafia, then the spy has been paid by Max to always give him information instead of reporting to us? and if that isn't the case and that Max was not informed by the spy that Ace is on his way to our hideout, that will only mean that he was the one who snitched on us am I right? Is that what you mean?" she asked making me nod my head in agreement.

"That may only means that either Max has an ultra motive or working for someone else? But if he is working for someone else who may it be?" she asked and I kept quiet.

"If the spy is really working for Max then that may mean that even the other spies plotted in various mafias have been paid by him. That is the only way to explain as to why we haven't been hearing anything from the spies we send," I said after a couple of minutes of silence.

"So our organisation have been interfered with. I just hope that the only reason he is doing this is because he wants to be the leader not because there is someone else behind him," she said.

I really hope that that's not the case and that there isn't anyone behind him cause it may turn to be chaotic and I wanted to rest till Jasmine grows up.

"Do you remember Max mentioning that Victor had a brother?" she asked and I turned to her.

After some minutes I nodded before talking, "I remember him telling us that his brother wanted us to work for him but Victor refused claiming that we won't be his brother subordinates and be restricted by him. Furthermore, he also told his brother that we are his family since he was the one who found us first, took us in and taught us everything we know about. To him, we will always be his daughters and his only family and if it means that he will protect us from his brother till his last breath then he will," I said as tears escaped my eyes as I remembered how protective he was to us but in the end, his own daughter was the one who killed him.

"Hei, can you please stop crying, mmh? It wasn't your fault. He was the one who taught us that we should always do good and protect children and women from drug addicts, human traffickers and rapists. He taught us that if we may came across such a person and we have evidence that he is guilty, we need to kill him or her mercilessly without even thinking twice. I am sure even if you killed him, he is proud as he saw that you are following what he taught us," Ivy said making me smile while looking at her. I nodded my head in agreement as I wiped my tears.

"Yeah, I guess you are right. Why did you bring about Victor all of a sudden?"

"Victor?" she asked.

"Yeah, I mean, why did you just question me about Victor's brother?" I asked as I picked Jasmine up.

"Max has stayed way longer with Victor before we were found. Maybe he knows Victor's brother whom has always wanted us to work for him. What if Max is working for him? So that he might defeat us and force us into submission and for us to be working for him?" she asked.

Even though I didn't want to agree with her, she does have a point.

"I think you are right," I said.

"So what we need to do is find Victor's brother and kill him cause as far as we know from what Victor had always told us about his family is that they are all wicked and his only weakness is feeling sorry for them to the point that he can't end their lives," she said while looking for me for confirmation so that we can go on and investigate about Victor's family.

I didn't give her an answer cause as much I didn't want to confront the truth, I kind of have an idea and I am afraid of attracting unnecessary danger when Jasmine is still a toddler.

"Have you ever asked yourself why Victor had always prohibited us from wiping off the Russian mafia?" I asked her. After some seconds, her eyes widen and she opened her mouth while closing it numerous time.

"Do you mean that Elijah and Victor...."

"I am not sure, that's why I am asking you," I interrupted her.

"I...I....Gosh, I am even more confused," she exclaimed making me sigh deeply.

1248 words.
24/09/2023.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share🤗.