Chapter 54

Adrianna POV.

I was waken up by the cries of the baby. Who told me to sleep with her in the first place? Immediately I looked at her, she kept quiet and smiled at me. That little cute smile was enough for me to forget that I was mad at her in the first place. I picked her up and looked whether she had peed on herself. After changing her up, I carried her to the bathroom so that I can clean her up first since it would be a waste of time if I showered then cleaned her. It would force me to back and have a bath.

"You woke up so early," I said after checking out what was the time. Maybe the fact that she had slept for some many hours made her wake up early. She giggled as she played with my hair.

"Don't splash water on mama again. If you do, I will end up beating you," I warned her and she sided her eyes. I smiled cause I knew she had understood my words.

After making sure that the water temperature was good enough for her, I added her body wash before getting rid of the clothes she was wearing. In no time, we were done. I was quite surprised at how quickly we finished.

"Today you have been a good girl. Mommy might buy you something," I said as I tingle her.

"Did both of you have to wake me up?" Ivy asked sleepily as she looked at us.

"Who told you to sleep in my room? If you didn't want to be woken up then you should have gone to your room," I said.

"Why are you talking so rudely to me this early fine morning?" She asked.

"If you didn't start your day without complaining then I wouldn't have been rude at you," I replied.

"Baby, look at how your mommy is talking to auntie," she said making Jassy giggles.

"Look after her. I am going to take a shower. Dress her that outfit," I said as I walked to the bathroom.

"What if I don't?" She asked.

"If she gets sick because you don't want to follow my instructions then don't blame me you stay with her at the hospital when she gets admitted," I said while walking away leaving no room for argument.

"I really hate you," she said as she picked her up.

I showered quickly since I knew that if I started those two girls may even come into the bathroom just to get me and I really didn't want that because of the mess that you  would create here. Also, the fact that Ivy is always so grumpy in the morning, I might found out that she hasn't dressed her yet.

'Aaaargh, I really hate showering! Wish I was taking a bath!' I said inwardly as I sighed cause it is really difficult to have a child. Now I can't even enjoy my simple life.

After been in the bathroom for less than ten minutes, I got out and went to my closet where I chose my outfit. I just love it when my little baby and I match and I am also sure that Ivy will chose the same outfit. I took out a blue ragged jeans, luminous green bottom hollow sexy cropped top, golden sneakers and a winter casual turtleneck knit sweater since it was cold outside and the last thing I wanted was getting sick while I have a kid to take care off. When I finished applying the skin care products, make up and wore clothes, I got out of the walking closet just to find Ivy and Jasmine asleep once more.

I don't know how Ivy manages to put her to sleep but still, I am grateful since its too early. I closed the curtains to avoid the sun from penetrating into the room and waking her up once more then tip toed out of the room and closed the door behind me.

I walked to the study since I could at least do some work when Jasmine is still asleep and also I had to find out who is in the organisation and is working as a spy. I hate betrayers more than anything cause they cause life to the people they have stayed close with. Opening my laptop, I hacked into the organisation security cameras and watched whether there is someone who was behaving strangely on that day in the morning hours.

After watching the videos multiple times and also watched the videos in the hidden cameras, I saw everything was alright and it made me feel as if I was going to get a headache soon since I knew that failing to find out who the mole is that means that our lives is still in danger. Yes, Ace may not be an enemy but who knows whether he will later sell that information to the organization enemies? And furthermore, whoever it is, it seems that he or she knows about my weird relationship with the Italian mafia and the last thing I want is to get involved in the war between them and the Russians. If it were before, there wouldn't be any problem but now, I can't just risk my baby's life and future because of her father who is a grown up adult who can protect himself.

The Russian mafia are known for their ruthless and also been involved in the human trafficking. They kidnap both children and women. The children are sold to be slaves while the stronger ones are taught the ruthless ways of been assassins to the point that they don't feel anything to anyone, its as if there humanity is lost. Others who are extremely weak and don't have good appearance, Their body parts are sold while others are thrown into the streets to be begging for money as a method ti earn more money for them. The women are forced into prostitution.

I know its wrong and everything, Ivy and I once wanted to help the Russian government to get rid of that mafia but Victor prohibited us from doing so. Due to the fact that we saw him as our dad and respected him so much, we did what he said but after he died, we planned to carry out the risky task after I escaped the Italians but I never expected that I was pregnant. Maybe I will do it after Jasmine gets older and knows how to defend herself so that I cannot worry about her when carrying out the task.

As time passed by, I discovered something while watching the footage and I was shocked and at the same time, I prayed that I may be wrong since its hard for be to figure out why.

"Gosh its has been hours since Jasmine and I woke up but you are still there. Come on, I am already hungry and I want you to feed her as I take my breakfast," Ivy's voice broke me from the trace I was in.

"Okay, I am coming," I replied as I shut down the laptop and closing it before getting out of the study.

I walked into the dinning room only to see Jasmine playing with food while Ivy was trying her best to push the food away to avoid dirtifying the place. I chuckle as I watched them bicker but alaas, sadly they heard me and they turned to me.

Jasmine pouted and pretended to cry as if she had been wronged. I gave her a stern look making her keep quiet immediately and looked at me with pity when she discovered that I was aware of what she was doing.

"That is bad. Look at what you have done? Don't you know that we don't have any house help to help us in the cleaning cause your work is just adding more work to everyone?" I said as I looked at her.

I was trying my best to hide my smile cause of her look. One could think that she understood everything I said by seeing the pity and apologizing look at her face.

"You will have to eat what your aunt has prepared for you. I don't care whether you don't want it and if you cry then you will stay hungry for the rest of the day without even breastfeeding." Immediately I said that, tears started escaping her eyes and I rolled my eyes.

"Gosh, this child is really a drama queen," Ivy exclaimed as she watched her. "If I didn't you her better, I would have fallen for her silly tricks."

"Yeah, she spends a lot of time with you and she is falling your footsteps," I said as I sat down.

"What were you doing in the study room? Thought that you are waiting for her to turn a few years older before going back in been an assassin?" she asked.

"Who said that I am going back? I was trying to find out who is the mole in the organisations and I have some leads," I said.

"What? Tell me what you have found out," she said as she stopped eating and looked at me to tell her.

1546 words.
22/09/2023.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share🤗