Twins (Laufeyson)

You stayed in the shadows as Loki talked with the flying man of metal. He didn't know about you- none of Earth's protectors did. You were a surprise element.

The metal man made a comment about Thor, and you could see Loki's irritation at the mention alone. Your own hand twitched at your side, some magic begging to be used. It had a small mind of it's own, but you were good enough at keeping it at bay.

But Loki's anger was clouding over into your mind, so you stepped out and up next to him. "Now brother, don't get so worked up over someone who matters so little," you said, your voice low.

He turned your way, offering you a small nod, and you could feel the cloud start to back away. You looked up at metal man, and saw his confusion. You did nothing to answer, however. You simply tilted your head and looked at him through glaring eyes.

"Uh, a... a super solider, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella... you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

Metal man picked up smoothly, but he kept an eye on you as you stayed off to the side. You didn't hide your staring, however, and kept your gaze settled on him. With your hands behind your back, you allowed some magic to come out, twirling it around your fingers.

"That was the plan," Loki commented.

Metal man took a drink. "Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."

"I have an army," Loki growled, and you stepped back up to his side, silent.

"We have a Hulk."

"Oh, I thought the beast had wandered off?" Loki questioned as the metal man walked up closer.

"You're missing the point. There is no throne, there is no version of this where you come out on top. Either of you," he added, glancing to you again, and you responded with a smirk. "Maybe your army comes, and maybe its too much for us, but its all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."

You hummed after a beat. "That was almost inspiring," you said, casually flipping your hair off to the side.

Loki took a few long strides to meet the metal man in the middle. "How will your friends have time for me when they're so busy fighting you?"

You watched with excitement as Loki lifted the tip of the scepter. It was nearly on his chest, and you were smiling wide at this point. But then it landed with a clang. The blue magic from the scepter dispersed.

You and Loki paused, not expecting this outcome. Even when he did it again, nothing happened. "This usually works," he said, casting a worried look back to you.

"Well, performance issues, it's not uncommon. One out of five-"

Loki gripped the metal man by the neck and tossed him across the floor. You simply stayed back and observed. You had to save energy for Thor. The Chitari were Loki's issue, Thor was yours.

Your brother tossed the man out the window and for a moment you were satisfied. Then, something was powering up. You turned and saw something start flying out right for Loki.

"Loki!" you called, and he looked up in time to see the metal can flying to him. It knocked him off balance, and you hurried over. "Are you all right?" you asked.

He nodded, and the two of you went over to the edge to see what had flown out. You figured it was one of the metal suits.

"How much longer on the portal?" you asked, antsy to do something.