Pride

Pride

You had been keeping a pretty big secret for a long time now. It was hard, but you made sure it stayed in. To you, it technically wasn't lying. You just...didn't give away the full story. But being an Avenger and a Stark was making it extremely hard for you to hide.

For tonight, you had a great plan. You purchased a wig that was the complete opposite of your (h/c) hair, put on some outrageous makeup, and bought some new clothes that nobody would recognize you in. Tonight you were grabbing a drink, attempting to push that guilty feeling of "lying" away.

A drink turned into four, then a few more, up until you had to stumble back to the tower when they refused to keep serving you drinks. The walk back wasn't terrible since the bar was only a couple blocks from the tower. But it was tedious. Yeah, you were drunk, but you still knew you couldn't risk people seeing you enter the tower in your disguise. The only thing you could think of: go around back.

It wasn't practical, climbing a fucking tower in five inch stilettos, but it was working out alright. The super strength you possessed was very helpful in pulling your body up to the closest window, which happened to be at least 30 feet up. Security purposes (one of the things Happy insisted on while Tony worked on the tower design).

Opening the window was the easier part of your journey, yet it still wasn't a piece of cake. You ended up crashing through the open thing, making a very loud noise too. As you stood up and regained your balance (as best as you could for being drunk) you closed the window and left the agent's office you basically canon balled into.

The coast was clear as you walked to the elevator, leaving you no hassle with the night owls that work in SHIELD. In fact, the rest of the way to your room was met without interaction to your sober relief.

You got in the elevator and, through your pretty blurry vision, you selected the floor your room was on. You had to use the button since Friday was "sleeping". Tony mostly turned Friday off at night except for emergency alerts. Every now and then he would mumble something in the middle of the night, and she'd reply. It scared him of course, and he would scream, but he changed the settings on her.

The doors to the elevator opened up and you stumbled into your bedroom, and collapsed onto the bed.

~3 months later~

"Tony, no."

"Please!"

"No!" you yelled back to him. You were sprawled out on the couch and Tony was sitting in the kitchen eating something he just found on the counter. "It's my private life."

"Yeah well you're my sister," Tony said, taking the final bite of his snack and coming over to you. He leaned over the back of the couch as he talked to you. "I need to know the guy you're dating so I can give him the big brother talk. I'm thinking of doing it in my suit as well."

You groaned and rolled off the couch, landing on your feet. "Yeah it's a definite no," you said back and started to walk away. Tony followed you and grabbed your arm. You spun to face him as he let go.

"I just wanna know. Can I get a first initial?"

"No."

"A last initial?"

"Nope."

"Their favorite color?" Tony asked, throwing his hands up in near defeat.

You sat and thought for a second, then turned around to walk to the elevator. "Red."

~~

Tony walked around the floor in the tower that housed everyone, looking for Wanda. Of course he figured she'd be in her room. That was the obvious choice. But he still peeked into everyone else's room to make sure she wasn't visiting others.