Mischief Junior Part One

Your parents weren't the most popular people. They were both quiet and shy, never really good at making friends. Which meant that when you were coming around, they didn't know who to name as godparents.

It's a random issue to have, but they were also very paranoid people. So, they really wanted to at least have one person to take care of you should the worst happen.

Well, one night, your dad was so drunk, he officially (accidentally) named Loki as your godfather. Your mom refused to speak to him for nearly two weeks. He thought it was funny, and it kind of got them to calm down about everything. They even forgot after a while.

Then they died.

~~

"Yes, Heimdall, you wanted to speak with me?" Loki said as he entered the place Heimdall never left- the Bifrost, and the giant gold sphere at the end, where the bridge connected.

The man never moved, so Loki walked around to be in front of him. "Do you remember the child I spoke of to you those years ago? The one you were named godfather of?"

Loki nodded, thinking it had been a strange joke, but never really took it seriously. "Yes, why?"

"It seems you must act in your role."

He paused. Him? Loki? He was still a kid, for gods' sake. His mother was still teaching him magic. He and Thor stilled played together. He may be on the cusp of the human adult age, but that didn't mean he wanted to care for one.

But then... he thought about the child. How they'd be lonely and grow up in some sad, run-down human orphanage. He worried for the poor thing's life.

"I must speak with my mother," Loki mumbled as he turned and started walking away. "Thank you, Heimdall."

He found his mother quickly, out in the garden where they were to continue their practice. "Mother, I'm afraid I must delay the set activity," Loki said as he approached. He held his hands in front of him, fidgeting with his fingers.

"What's troubling you?" Frigga asked, adjusting so Loki could sit next to her.

He did immediately and dove in. "Well, a few years ago- about five, I think- Heimdall informed me a couple named me their child's godfather... I still don't understand. Well, apparently they have passed and the child is alone..."

"And you're debating on whether or not to care for the child," Frigga finished. She knew he boy well. His heart was full of love, waiting to be given. She hoped this wouldn't hurt him when he got older.

Loki nodded and then sighed. "But it's a child, and I'm still one myself. How would I do this? Am I... am I a father of some kind? A nanny? A sibling?"

Frigga smiled and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Start with being a friend. And I think you should. A responsibility was given to you whether or not you wanted it. But just know you have more than enough people to ask for help."

Looking up at his mother, Loki smiled. He knew she'd go this direction, and he was glad her answer reinforced his thoughts instead of going against them.

But then a different thought crossed his mind. "What about Father? How do I convince him to let me bring a human child here?" Loki asked, suddenly worried about this new mission of his.

Instead of looking troubled, Frigga smiled. "You let me take care of that. Now, change into something less Asgardian and go find that girl."

And that is what he did. Heimdall knew exactly what Loki needed the second he got there and got the bridge going. "Thank you, hopefully I'm not long," Loki said, then entered the bridge to get to Earth.