Henwy's Backstory

Don't ask why this isn't in my one shot book, I feel like I'm not posting much in this book because I have like thousands of drafts in my one hit book XD

In the bustling world of content creation and online gaming, Henwy, Nico, Biffle, and Sigils were known as "The Regulars." They were a tight-knit group of friends who created content together, sharing laughs, challenges, and victories. Little did they know, behind Henwy's ever-present smile lay a hidden past that had shaped the person he had become.

One sunny day, as they took a break from their relentless recording schedule, Henwy's cheerful voice rang out, breaking the silence.

"Hey boys!"

Nico and Biffle responded with casual greetings, and Sigils chimed in, "Hey."

Henwy, always the diligent one, brought up their recording schedule, a hint of enthusiasm in his voice. But Sigils had a different idea.

"We should take a break," he suggested, "we've filmed for almost the entire day."

Henwy, known for his work ethic, agreed. "You're right. Alright, imma go get something to eat."

Sigils wished him a quick return, and Henwy promised to be back soon. As Henwy left, a curious tension hung in the air, prompting Biffle to speak up.

"You alright, my man?" Biffle asked.

Sigils couldn't shake the thought that had been on his mind for a while. "Have you ever wondered what's behind Henwy's smile?"

Biffle furrowed his brow. "What do you mean?"

Sigils leaned in, his voice lower. "You know, the fact that he's always smiling just makes me wonder if he even was sad in the past."

Biffle pondered this for a moment. "Everyone has been sad in the past, like when you're a ba—"

"Of course you cry when you're babies," Sigils interrupted, "unless you're emotionless."

Nico, who had been listening intently, saw an opportunity. "We can try something."

Sigils turned to Nico, intrigued. "Try what, Nico?"

Nico reminded them of the mysterious "magic glasses" Peril had given them, glasses that supposedly allowed them to see a person's past or future.

"Oh, right," Sigils said as realization dawned. "Where was it, though?"

Biffle admitted, "I was playing with it."

"Why are you the way you are?" Sigils groaned.

Nico's idea sparked their curiosity, and they decided to give it a shot. Donning the enchanted glasses, they traveled back in time to uncover the truth about Henwy's past.

Somewhere in the past, they found themselves in a dull and eerie setting. The air was thick with tension.

"What a dull place," Nico muttered just before screams pierced the silence.

Biffle exclaimed, "What was that?"

Sigils' eyes widened as they witnessed a horrifying scene unfold before them.

Blood.

It was everywhere, staining the walls and floors of a house. Two adults lay unconscious, presumably parents of a child. And there, looking younger than they had ever seen him, was their friend Henwy at the tender age of seven.

"Oh my..." Sigils breathed.

Young Henwy, terrified and breathing heavily, was suddenly in the clutches of an assailant who wielded a knife, dangerously close to Henwy's eye.