Learning The Truth

Hashirama

It's been a few days since Tobirama left with Izuna. I know I shouldn't be worried, Izuna and him are both skilled shinobi and Izuna would never let anything bad happen to him. I just can't help but worry especially since he didn't tell me anything.

That's not like him at all. He always comes to me when he's scared or anxious so what could have changed this time?

Did father do something? Did he threaten him again? Did he take him to the punish room before he and Izuna left? I hate this. I hate not knowing what's going on with my brother. I just want him to be ok.

"Hashirama". Ryuko called out from behind the door after knocking. "Come in". She walked in smiling with her hands behind her back. "Are you looking for your brother? He left with your dad". "I know that's not why I'm here, this came in the mail for you and I wanted to make sure you got it".

She handed me a letter sent to me by Tobirama.

"Thank you, Ryu". She smiled more. "I know you've been worried about him so I wanted to personally deliver it to you". "Thank you, how are you feeling by the way"? "A whole lot better thanks to you. I can't wait for you and my aniki to get married". She hugged me tight before leaving out the room.

I smiled watching her leave before opening the letter.

Dear Hashirama

I'm sorry aniki, I know I've been gone for a while it's just I needed to get away. A lot of things happened when we returned home that made me extremely uncomfortable. I'm scared. I'm scared of what will happen to me or what could possibly happen to Izuna or you.

Dad did some things that are unspeakable and I didn't know how to tell you. I'm not even sure if I should tell you but I know you and I know that you'll worry which is something I don't want happening but here it goes.

I finally understand why I couldn't remember hurting Izuna, it's because father had me brainwashed. It's a rare jutsu that not many people can use but he was able to find a way of using it on me. That's why I had to leave. I don't want that happening again.

You have no idea how much it hurts not being able to remember something so important. Yes, Izuna's fine but he easily could not be. What if I get brainwashed again and this time I end up killing Izuna or you? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that happened.

We do plan on returning home I just don't know when that will be.

I love you so much and I hope Madara's making you happy. You deserve as much happiness as you can get. Hug Aki, Kwarama, and Itama for me

Sincerely Tobi

Tears stung the corners of my eyes as I read his letter over and over.

Brainwashed? Our father is that cruel? It'll be a miracle if he ever comes back.

With a shaky hand, I wrote him a letter.

I didn't tell Madara where I was going, I knew he would insist on coming with me and I didn't want him anywhere near my father. I know he could handle himself just fine but I didn't want to put him in any unnecessary risk. I knew going to talk to him was the last thing I should be doing but I needed to hear him explain himself for hurting my brother. I needed to know why he did it. I needed to know why he decided to go that far. 

I made my way through the gate and did a B-line straight to the main house. Once there I headed inside and headed straight for his office. I didn't knock. I simply headed inside slamming my hands on his desk.

"Hashirama".

"You bastard how could you"!?

"How could I what"?

"How could you brainwash your own fucking child!? If you wanted Izuna dead you should've done it yourself! He's been traumatized enough by you and frankly so have I"! He went for a punch but Ryuoe managed to wrap himself around his arm stopping him.

"The two of you are my sons, your jobs are to be obedient, stay in line, and do as your told. Now tell me where your brother is his fiancee is worried sick". "She's nothing but a low-down gold digger who will probably end up hurting him as well. I'm not telling you a dam thing".

"You do not want to make an enemy out of me Hashirsma, you know I have ways of finding out information that I want". "Your delusional if you think you'll always be on top. I will put an end to you one of these days it's just a matter of when".

Word Count: 826