Don't Get Close

Mito

Toka. So far she's the only one that's been nice to me. She doesn't judge me for why I'm here, doesn't make snide comments, criticizes my actions, or insult me. So far all she's done is be nice. I don't know if it's because she pity's me or not but I don't mind.

I like her and wouldn't mind being friends with her but I know I can't. If I get close I'm scared the same thing that happened to Missy will happen to her.

Flashback to when she was sixteen

The sun was shining down on me through the window as I laid on my bed reading a book. My mother and sister weren't home meaning I could do as I liked since my father would be in his office most of the time. Days like this were rare so I tended to enjoy them as much as I could before I had to pretend to be the perfect sister and daughter again.

"Hey bestie"!

I smiled to myself as I heard my best friend in the world come in through my window. She jumped on my back causing me to let out an oof sound and hugged me tight.

"I missed you". She muttered into my hair.

"I missed you too".

Despite being best friends Missy and and I barely get to see each other. My parents don't think she's a good influence on me but they couldn't be more wrong, she's the only thing that makes me happy.

"Why is your nose always in a dam book"? "Because I be bored as hell when you're not around. Been on any exciting missions"? "No not really. One mission I had to be an escort for a mom and her kid, another one I had to retrieve a scroll, This one wasn't a mission but I had to kick this guy's ass because he posed a threat to the village I was in and that's about it".

"Your life is so much more exciting than mine, I would love to be able to go on missions and train but alss I have to stay home and focus on being a healer".

"Poor baby". She teased.

"Shut up baka".

"But I'm a cute baka". I could hear the smirk in her voice causing me to blush. "Met any cute boys since I been gone"? "You know I don't have time for that kind of thing, besides my parents are going to decide my husband for me. It's tradition".

"Still letting mommy and daddy control you huh"?

"Stop". I whispered.

"Answer the question". "It's not that simple and you know it". "Why won't you stand up for yourself, it's your life". "I can't". I hide my head in the covers. ".................Do they hurt you Mito"? "Stop it, Missy, please". She hugged me tighter.

"You can talk to me, I'm here for you". I cried silently.

"Talk to me please". She turned my head to face hers. "I care about you so much more than you think. It kills me to be apart from you for so long, If I could take you and run away from here I would. I'd do anything to see you smiling and happy".

"Missy". I whispered softly. "Do you feel it to Mito? Do you feel the invisible pull that keeps pulling us closer and closer towards each other"? "What are you doing"? "Let me kiss you gorgeous". "We can't". "Are those your words or your parents"?

"Missy I".

"What the hell is going on in here"!? Both Missy and I quickly sat up as my father burst into my room screaming. "What the hell are you doing here unannounced? You know you're not welcomed here"! Missy glared at him.

"I'm here to see my friend and you're not going to stop me". "She's my daughter and I said no, you're not going to corrupt her". "Corrupt her how? By letting her be fucking happy for once? All you and your wife want to do is control her, you don't give a dam about her or what makes her happy. The only daughter you do care about is Kimiko".

My body froze as I watched my father's hand make contact with Missy's face. She went after him but he managed to grab her by her hair and drag her out. I was helpless to do anything. When he came back a few minutes later I was met with a slap to the face and kick to the gut.

"Disgraceful".

End of flashback

I just sat there, some friend I am. I just hope she's ok, she's better off without me in her life. Her and Toka both. I'll just end up hurting and letting them down in the end. I'm weak.

Word Count: 799