Fake It Till You Make It

Hashirama

The next day I woke up early and prepared myself for the meeting Mito and I would have with our parents. To make things look real she and I both shared a bed last night. I slept on one side while she slept on the other. I didn't want him to but Madara had to leave in case someone barged in and caught him.

We did promise to meet up afterwards so I'd have something to look forward to and wouldn't be as anxious. I put my long hair up in a bun with a few strands decorating my face and dressed myself in a dark green shirt with beige pants. 

Mito came into the bathroom I was in wearing a light blue kimono with a white waistband. I watched as she made her way to the mirror while brushing my teeth. She brushed her long red hair that stopped a few inches above her but, grabbed a hair tie and attempted to put it up into two buns but it ended up snapping on her.

"Do you have any extras on you"?

"Only one".

She looked into the mirror pouting.

"May I"? She looked at me unsure but eventually nodded. I made my way behind her, grabbed hold of a comb, and passed it through her soft hair a few times before taking a few strands bringing them towards the back, and making a small bun while also making sure to leave her bangs alone.

"What do you think"? She turned around hugging my neck. "Thank you, I love it". I smiled.

Once we were both mentally prepared I held Mito's hand and led her to the meeting room where my parents and hers were at waiting for us. I slid the door open for her and sat beside her while my parents sat in front of us with her parents on the side of us.

"What's the meaning of this Hashirama"? My father asked. "I would like to formally apologize for how I acted the other day, it was wrong of me especially since I hadn't even had a proper talk with Mito yet. Since talking with her I've come to realize that the two of us have a lot in common".

"Is that so"? "It is". I turned looking at her. "Mito is the only one I want to be with. In time I can definitely see myself falling in love with her". She smiled. "What about Madara"? "Madara will stay in the past from now on. I will never disobey your orders again".

"I'm sorry as well". She turned to her parents. "I should have known you only wanted what's best for me and should have went along with it willingly. Hashirama is so kind and gentle with me. He's a good listener and I feel so warm and safe when he's holding me. I've never had that feeling before and don't want to let go of it now. I'd be an idiot if I did".

"Yes, you would be". Her mother said. She grabbed hold of my hand and I squeezed it back comfortingly. "Does your brother feel the same way"? "I'll talk to him, he'll listen to me". "Very well then, your both dismissed". We stood up and bowed.

After the meeting, we ended up heading to a small meadow to relax at for a bit. Madara was with his father right now so I had some time to kill before heading back to the Uchiha compound.

"That went a whole lot better than I thought". She said. "Yeah, I just have to come up with a lie to cover for Tobirama". "Whys that"? "He's afraid to come home and hasn't told me why yet. He has Izuna with him so I'm not that worried, I know he'll come to me when he's ready to open up".

"You're a good brother Hashirama, I wish my sister and I could have that type of relationship". "Your not close"? "No, far from it. She's the perfect daughter my parents want and she knows that. Just like them, she tells me what I should and shouldn't be doing or how to do this or that better.

In a way I am glad I was forced to come here, I got to meet you and Toka". "Do the two of you spend a lot of time together"? "She was assigned to me so yeah. She talked a lot about the two of you". "Really now". "Mhm, only nice things I promise".

"That's good to hear". "Mhm.......How did you and Madara meet"? "One day when I was young I ran away from my father and ended up in the Uchiha forest. I had no idea where I was so I wandered around hoping to find Nakano River so I could go home, when I couldn't I took a break and looked for berries I could eat.

While picking them Madara found me. He thought I was the enemy at first but when he saw my face covered in blueberries he relaxed and I introduced myself. We talked until nightfall and that's when he helped me out of the forest, we've been friends ever since".

"He's more than a friend though isn't he"? "He is, I've been in love with him for a long time. My father knew this and tried to separate us. He succeeded for a while but now we're finally back on good terms. He actually told me he loves me". "That's amazing, I'm happy for you".

"Thank you, Is there anyone your interested in"? "There is but it'll never happen between us...........it can't".

Word Count: 943