Please Forgive me

Aki

It was early morning as I quickly gathered a few weapons and snuck out through my window. Everyone was still asleep and Kimiko and her mother hadn't woken up to prepare breakfast yet giving me enough time to go to the Uchiha compound to check on Ruuko.

I snuck my way past the houses, through the gate, made my way through the trees, across Nakano River, and through the trees that lead to the Uchiha compound. I snuck my way to the main house and climbed the rope ladder that was outside her window.

"What's wrong"? She mumbled.

"Sorry, I woke you". I crawled under the covers with her. "Just wanted to check on you".

She shook her head. "Any word from your brothers"?

"No, I'm sorry".

"I want them home". 

"I'm sure they'll be home soon".

"I hope your right".

"I'm supposed to tell your dad this first but I thought you'd enjoy some drama. My dad made a deal with the Uzumaki clan leader saying my brothers are to marry his daughters when they come home. His excuse was they needed to be punished for disobeying him".

"It's a power move as well. The Uzumaki possess amazing healers". "I see".

Tobirama

I don't know how much longer can do this. It hurts Tobi.

My brother's words echoed in my mind as I thought back to what happened earlier. He was so distraught and his eyes held nothing but fear and sadness. I knew exactly what was wrong with him. He was starting to have a panic attack and didn't want anyone around as he went through it.

I just hope it's not too bad. He feels so much guilt for what happened and is finding it hard to know Madara might not ever forgive him. I know exactly how he feels because it's the same way I feel with Izuna.

He won't believe that I can't remember that day. He won't accept the fact that I'm incredibly sorry for hurting him even if I don't know what I did.

All I know is that my sword cut him and blood was all over my hands. That's all I can remember. No one knows how much this hurts. To want to remember something so badly but your mind won't let you. Just thinking about it makes my body want to shake in fear.

"Tobirama, come here please". I let out a shaky breath as I made my way over to the bedroom we were sharing. Izuna had a feeling we wouldn't be leaving until tomorrow and got us a room at the same inn our brothers were at.

I wasn't able to look him in the eyes at all as I stood in front of him but did catch a glimpse of how he looked. His hair was down covering his entire back while he stood shirtless wearing only a pair of black sweatpants.

"Look at me".

"I can't". I said in a low voice.

"You know what this is about don't you"?

"Yes".

"Then look at me Tobirama". I kneeled instead.

"I won't discredit your intelligence by asking you if you know why I'm mad at you but I will ask you how mad do you think I am"?

"Furious, I almost took you away from your siblings".

"We used to be best friends tobi. You know exactly how much they mean to me so tell me, why did you do it? Why did you betray and attack me when we were alone in that meadow"!? I expected him to be mad but that's not how his voice sounded. Instead of anger it was filled with nothing but hurt.

I shook my head.

He came closer and forcibly made me look up at him. "I am not going to continue letting you get away with this. You owe me an answer and we're not going to leave this room until you've explained yourself. I trusted you".

"I know.........but you won't believe me if I tell you". "Try me". I paused for a second. I could feel my hands start to get sweaty the more his obsidian eyes stared into my crimson ones. If I weren't already on my knees my legs would have given out due to the power dominance between us.

"I don't remember". I whispered.

"What"?

Tears I didn't know I was holding back started rolling down my face. "I'm sorry. I know what I did was awful and I regret it more than you'll ever know but I swear to you I'm not lying. You can look for yourself".

Izuna

I activated my mangekyou and we were both transported to one of his memories. He continued to sit on his legs as I watched the past Tobirama walk into his father's office.

"You wanted to see me, father"? "As a matter of fact, I did, you can remain standing you won't be here long". Past Tobirama nodded while Butusama looked at him sternly with nothing but coldness in his eyes.

"I know all about you and Izuna. Did you honestly think you could hide it from me"? Past Tobirama's body shook slightly as his eyes widened in shock. "Nothing's going on between us. He's just a friend, that's all".

"How long"?

He looked down. "Since I was six. He's helped me a lot". He whispered.

"Unbelievable. I give you everything you could ever ask for and this is how you choose to repay me!? Me, your father"! "I'm sorry". "You will be if you don't go handle the problem". He looked up. "W what do you mean by that"?

"You are to exterminate Izuna Uchiha". "What? No! He's my friend, I couldn't possibly do that to him"! A book was thrown at him but managed to hit the wall. "You will do as your told or do you want to go back into the punishment room"? He glared at him. "You don't scare me anymore". He turned and left

I had expected to see where he was going but the next thing I knew everything went dark and the present tobi started to sob next to me. It wasn't until I saw his next memory appear that I started to believe him. The past Tobirama walked into his bedroom shaking uncontrollably and had fresh blood covering his hands.

"W What did I do? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Izuna". He wrapped his arms around himself as he fell to his knees crying hard. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to do it, I'm sorry.......... I love you"

End of flashback

"Tobirama".

He was still on the floor but was now crying into his hands. I took him into my arms and held him tightly. "I'm so sorry Izuna, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to". "Sshh sshhh sashh". I gently rubbed his back. "It's ok Tobi, it's ok. Your safe now, I'm not mad". He clung to me.

"Did you mean what you said then"?

He nodded.

"Do you still feel that way now"?

"Yes". He chocked.

"What did he mean by punishment room"? "Nothing we ever did was good enough for him so he'd often bring us to an interrogation room and beat us with anything from a whip to a chair". I held him tighter.

"Thank you. Thank you for being brave enough to tell me that". I kissed his head.

Word Count: 1235