The First Attack

Hashirama

The walk to the lake was filled with tension. I knew Madara was still furious with me, he had every right to be but his words still cut deep. They stung deeply leaving a severe wound on my heart. Guilt was one of the worst emotions a person could feel and my guilt was extremely heavy.

"We're here".

The sun glistened over the clear blue water as the cool air blew in the wind. I looked at the rocky terrain to see if it was good enough to cook food on and smiled when I saw it was. Madara went set up his tent with Izuna while Tobi and I set up ours a respectful distance away from theirs.

"Hashirama come with me, we're going to get firewood". Tobirama and I both gave each other a curious look. "Ok". I stood up and walked off with him.

"We're going to have to make this quick the sun will be setting soon". I nodded in understanding and started picking as many twigs as I could find. I made sure to find as many twigs and branches I could and smiled when I even found a few dried leaves.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Madara picking leaves but threw a kunai into a tree gaining his attention before he could. "Senju". He glared at me.

Senju? I know I'm not Hashi or gege anymore but you won't even call me Hashirama?

"Not those, their poison ivy leaves". "I see". He said looking down at them. "Did you really think I was going to attack you"? He looked back at me. "You already did". I looked down sadly at the pile of wood in my hand.

I'm sorry. I just wish you would give me a chance to show you that.

Things went quiet. Tension filled the air as I did my best not to let the weight of it suffocate me. I couldn't have an attack in front of him. I couldn't let him see me weak. The last thing he needs is to worry about me. Ryuko's our top priority right now.

"Please tell me you're not allergic to anything"? He said after a while. "You don't have to worry about me, I packed my own food". He gave me a look but I continued before he could say anything. "I'm vegan now, have been for a while".

"I see". He was about to say something but was cut off by a kunai flying towards us. I managed to catch it before it hit him and immediately stood in front of him while he scanned the area.

"You protected him"? My eyes widened in shock as I looked at Lucas standing on top of a tree branch clad in ninja armor. "Lucas? What are you doing here"?

"I have orders to bring you and Lord Tobirama back home from your kidnappers. What I didn't expect was for you to stop my kuni". "Senju, what's the meaning of this"? I could feel Madara's cold glare on my back. "I have nothing to do with this. I made a promise to you that I intend to keep".

I turned back at him but quickly gave Lucas my full attention again. "Tobirama and I haven't been kidnapped, we left home on our own occurred". "I see he's brainwashed you". He reached into his pocket and threw more kuni at Madara which I quickly got rid of using my own kuni.

I jumped up aiming a punch at him but he managed to jump down dodging it. "Earth style, earth-shaker"! He placed his hand on the ground causing it to move in an attempt to try and trip Madara up but he just stood there unbothered by it.

I landed on the tree branch and watched for a bit. I could tell by the look Madara was giving me that he didn't want me interfering in this. "Fire style, fireball jutsu"! He breathed out brilliant flames but Lucas managed to duck underneath and roll to the side.