Nightmare

Hashirama

It was early in the morning as I slowly woke up to the sunlight coming in through the window. I could hear Madara snoring softly in the bed across from me and smiled. Out of the two of us he needed the most rest not to mention that he was extremely stressed out.

He didn't have to tell me I could just feel it. Since we were young I've always known when Madara was hurting or upset. It more than likely had to do with us opening up to each other when we were younger.

"Hm, I can tell you exactly why that is if you want".

"Not now Ruoye, please".

I stood up, slowly made by way over to him and ever so carefully unwrapped the bandages around his eyes. I performed the same healing jutsu on them as I did before and carefully wrapped a new set of bandages around them.

"Rest, we have plenty of time before we need to head out again". I spoke softly as I gently brushed a few strands out of his face. He looked so beautiful when he slept. So at peace.

If only things could be peaceful with us. If only I could gain your trust back

I sat down next to him and ever so gently cupped his cheek.

"Can you feel how much this is hurting me? All I want to do is help you. All I want is one more chance to fix everything I did wrong. I still love you". I whispered softly before slowly leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on his head.

"I'm going into town for more supplies. I'll be back soon".

Madara

Inside dream

It was nighttime. My body ached with blood covering most of my body. Hashirama and I were both fighting another group of Senju shinobi and losing horribly. We had stayed up traveling for a few days and our bodies were tired.

Hashirama did his best to protect me since my eyes weren't still fully healed yet but there's not much he could do.

"Wood style, crushing vines"! Two large vines sprouted out of the ground and went flying fast towards their target but he was able to jump out of the way and hit Hashirama in the back. He fell to the ground and his jutsu soon dispersed.

"Hashirama". I tried to move towards him but the enemy jabbed a sword into my back causing me to let out a blood-curdling scream.

"Madara"!

Hashirama's cries were filled with nothing but pure agony. When I was able to open my eyes I saw him trying to run towards me but was stopped by one of the group members. I watched helplessly as they held him down and smashed his face into the dirt.

"Ge ge".

I tried to reach my hand out to him but couldn't reach him. He was only a few feet from me but he felt miles away as the sword in my back kept us apart. I wanted to hold him in my arms and let him know everything was okay. That I was okay, that he was okay, that we were okay but I couldn't.

I couldn't get to him. I couldn't get to my hashi, my gege".

"I'm sorry". He said hoarsely with tears in his eyes. "I couldn't protect you. I let you down. I'm sorry San Long". I shook my head. "No, it's ok". I stretched out my hand to try and hold his but it was too late. My eyes widened in shock as I watched one of his clansmen swing his sword down splitting Hashi's back open.

"Hashi"?

I called out to him but there was no reply. Blood spilled out of his body as he lay there lifeless in front of me".

Gege

End of dream

"No matter how many times I see or hear about it it still hurts. Master described it as knives being stranded into his heart and twisted all at once".

"Did he ever lose him like that"?

"If he did he didn't mention it to me".

"Madara! Madara"! Hashirama yelled rushing into the room before taking me into his arms. I didn't notice it at first but my body was shaking.

"It's ok, your okay. It was just a bad dream". "How did-"? "I heard you screaming from outside and came running as fast as I could. Was it about Izuna, Ryuko"?

He couldn't hear what I was saying, just my screams

"Izuna, I guess being apart from him is affecting me more than I thought". "I assure you he's safe. We'll be back with our brothers soon. How are your eyes? They don't hurt or sting do they"?

"No, they're fine".

"Why are you lying to him"?

Word Count: 800