Chapter 60

"Charles?!?"

He could hear her yelling from far away already as she rushed into the room.

He was in his office. Where the door was always open and the sun shone in lovingly from the great window behind him.

It had been so very quiet during the last few days that he really just felt peaceful and relaxed. Something truly rare at this school.

It was wondrous however that Y/n, of all people was the one to break that silence and peace.

He turned slowly to see the woman of his interest and smiled as he saw her. "Yes love?"

"The fuck is this?", she was out of breath, holding up a piece of paper. One of many copies that had appeared over night all around the school.

He didn't need to look up to know what she meant.

Just softly chuckled at how she had trained herself to whisper swear words when she was working.

"A prom. Dance night. Fancy dresses. Music. You know.", Charles answered.

"We didn't have things like this before i was gone!", she whined, confused.

She let her arm fall to her side, a big worried frown on her face.

"But it's Halloween and the kids demanded a "Party", as they put it.", he explained, still busy with his papers, trying to pay her banter as little notice as possible.

She had told him before that she hated events like this, and he knew very well that if he gave in and looked at her, listened to her, he might go soft and cancel the whole thing.

"And you put on a ...a freaking Ball?", she moaned, still confused and desperate.

"Yes? I've got the resources? So why not?", he looked up at her again, a gentle smile on his lips.

"Because...they suck, Charles.", she hissed, "Do you like...expect us to dress up or what?"

"Yes. You will be there and you will dress up.", he smiled triumphantly.
"No.", she shook her head.

"Oh yes.", he purred, still smiling.

"No!"

"It will be great fun!", he exclaimed happily.