Chapter 45

It was much later that she decided it was time to go. 

He'd fallen asleep a good while ago but she wanted to be sure so she wouldn't wake him. 

Erik Lehnsherr. Snoozing away. Looking like a little angel. It was remarkable how innocent a man like that could look. 

She found herself wanting to touch him. He was handsome as ever. Beautiful even. That jawline and those cheekbones got her every time. In a way, she was glad that he was asleep. She had all the time in the world to watch him - plus she didn't have to deal with those relentless icy eyes of his that made her shiver at times. 

In a good way. In all the good ways. 

The tip of her index finger caressed along the side of his face. From his chin up along his cheekbones till she reached his soft hair, ran her fingers through it and leaned over, pressing her full lips up against his forehead.

It took her quite a while before she finally drew back, finding herself being glared at by said infamous cold eyes. 

She felt a blush creeping up her cheeks as she saw him smirk.

Had he been awake all along?.Did her kiss wake him?

Not knowing how to defend herself she stayed silent, softly giving one last caress before pulling her hand back from his hair. 

Erik looked away from her eyes, down her form, resting next to him on the blanket. 

He could get used to this. Waking like this. 

"You leaving?", he asked, voice low and a bit sleepy. 

"Was just about. Sorry to wake you...", she answered. 

"No worries. Wouldn't mind you waking me like that every morning.", he smirked playfully, his sleepiness making it seem rather cute. 

Y/N smiled to herself, shaking her head. 

"Sleep well Herr L-"

"Erik.", he interrupted, "Come on. Say it once. For me."

She'd meanwhile sat up, getting off the bed, looking over her shoulder at him. 

"Sweet dreams, Erik.", she emphasized and caught him smiling to himself.